I booked the Ballantyne at a great rate and was impressed. The hotel is warm and inviting, staff upon check-in is great.
I have stayed at numerous 5 stars, and definitely rate the Ballantyne a true 4 star. I came across a few tips a traveler should know, especially if they are traveling here for a special occasion rather than business.
Go for the golf views. The standard, city view is over their parking lot. Would be a definite disappointment for someone coming here for any length of stay, plus you have a great sunrise.
If you would like a balcony, request it through your travel agent or in the notes. This hotel has very few balconies and they are worth it, if you are staying more than a night or two. Otherwise you have large windows and the hotel fills the balconies quickly. I enjoyed the oversized rooms, they had a warm classic feel and were well decorated.
The hotel is a very happening place for events and weddings, so there is always something going on nearby. You have great, I mean great, shopping within 10 minutes of the hotel in every direction.
Room service is very reasonable compared to even other 4 star hotels. Very good..
Overall, I would return. I couldnt put my finger on why I wouldn't rate it higher, but if anything maybe a bit too sterile and functional. I think its a great place to stay while in Charlotte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte