“Nice Resort!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Resort!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We just moved within 1 hour of the Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge. I needed a luxury hotel to plan a surprise birthday night for my husband. I chose this hotel for location and reveiws and of course to enjoy the spa! The location is great for going to dinner across to the village. It would be even better if there was a shuttle. The hotel rooms were spacious and well kept. The beds were very comfortable and made for a nice stay. I was hoping for some extra special treatment to celebrate my husbands birthday such as strawberries or special note in the room. But I understand some hotels do not go that extra mile. Nevertheless we had a great time and certainly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, Charlotte, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear macdo,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husband's birthday at The Ballantyne and for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our convenient location and accommodations. We always send a personal note to recognize a special occasion if it is communicated to us, and we apologize that we did not get to wish your husband a happy birthday. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge Charlotte, North Carolina

The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge (one of Starwood Luxury Collection) is located just 20 minutes from Charlotte-Douglas Airport and downtown Charlotte. This place is an ideal venue for meetings, weddings and social occasions.

The hotel includes an 18-hole golf course, Gallery Restaurant and Spa, complete with a fitness facility with personal training classes and indoor and outdoor pools. The hotel also offers wine tastings of the finest wines bi-monthly on Saturdays at 6pm throughout the summer in Gallery Bar.

The hotel is within 18 miles of downtown Charlotte and the SouthPark Mall (my favourite shopping place) featuring Neiman Marcus, Tiffany, Nordstrom, etc.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dear_Penelope
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, Charlotte, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Dear_Penelope,
Thank your taking the time to post your positive feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your kind words and that you shared details on our amenities and event offerings. The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge is conveniently located nearby some great shopping, and we hope you found some wonderful deals at SouthPark Mall during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have recently made a return visit to The Ballantyne. When I left the first time I swore I would never return. There were a series of issues that caused my stay there to be an unforgettable (not in a good way) and stressful time. I called the hotel after my stay to voice my dissatisfaction and was directed to the Guest Relations Manager Ms. Marti Wisechowski. Marti was very professional and empathetic and made me feel as though she truely cared. Somehow during our conversation she convinced me that my experience during my stay was not the norm and I agreed to give the hotel another chance. Marti greeted me personally when I arrived and i immediately felt like I was the only person in the hotel. I can honestly say that I have never experienced such an amazing display of customer service and genuine care. My stay this time was the luxuriously delightful escape that I had hoped for and because of the amazing staff I am looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: pay the extra for golf view and balcony
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed here during my first visit to Charlotte. The rooms and beds were spectacular. Our trip to the spa was extremely relaxing. As recommended by AX Platinum Travel Service, it more than lived up to my expectactions. Hope to stay here for the first few days of our stay in November, 2011 when in NC for my son's wedding near Lake Norman. After being pampered at your resort the "hotels" near the lake pale in comparison. The only redeeming factor is a few days at the Grove Park Inn. Would definitely rank it amongst the top hotels I've stayed in around the world. I'm looking forward to our visit this fall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, Charlotte, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear basbleu2011,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and for your kind words regarding our accommodations and spa. Our goal is to perform in the Top 5% in the world relative to those hotels in our similar category, and we are delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here in June on business for a company conference. I found the restaurant to be fairly complete, however the choice on the menu might have been a bit more extensive. The catering for the conference was fantastic - there wasn't a single meal that I didn't enjoy (too much, unfortunately, said my scale when I got home!). The rooms were extremely clean and the turndown service was always prompt. There was always a willing hand as soon as you walked in the door, whether to point you to the pool, or to the bar or restaurant.
The only trouble I ran into was that the cards had to be continually recoded, because the staff was 'training' (I made sure that I kept my card separate from my cellphone and wallet, as it becomes a game of chance as to whether I'm going to get into my room or not!). Over the course of 6 days, 5 nights, I had to recode the card 4 times - and I HATE doing that at 2:00 in the morning!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Nordi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your complimentary comments regarding our cuisine, cleanliness and consistent service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with having to get your key recoded. We have shared your experience with our staff to ensure this does not happen again. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Cary, NC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on Sheraton points and cash. Booked 2 adjacent rooms for our family of four - it was an excellent weekend deal for a very nice hotel. I travel frequently on business and stay in all levels of hotels. This property is equal to many of the Four Seasons properties and the Ritz. Rooms are large and well appointed - staff is friendly and approachable. Did not play golf at Ballantyne CC on this trip but will definitely stay here again and play next time - looked like a beautiful course. We have family close by and this was a very comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, Charlotte, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear TripsFromNC,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words regarding our accommodations and staff. Our team takes great pride in offering exceptional customer service. We hope to welcome you back soon and that you will have the opportunity to play our course.

Salisbury, NC
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Our daughter got married on September 3, 2011. The Ballantyne was home for all out of town guests. The service from the Ballantyne was outstanding. The entire staff was courteous and professional. In particular, Ms. Kelly Randazzo, Director of Catering, was great to work with and we appreciate her work to make our Ballantyne experience a great one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CharlotteTravel, Director of eCommerce at The Ballantyne, Charlotte, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Thomas T,
Thank you for choosing to host your daughter’s wedding at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge and for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, and we’re so happy to hear that your guests felt at home. Our team works diligently to provide an exceptional experience for each and every one of our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon.