I stayed at The Ballantyne Hotel for a 5 day business trip. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are large, comfortable, very clean and very nicely appointed -especially the bathroom. There is also a roomy desk to work at. The turndown service at night was a nice touch- they put light classical music on, dim lighting and of course, chocolates on the pillow. The housekeeping was perfect. The restaurant has very good food and beverages. For a change, the amenities looked exactly like the website pictures! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The pool was lovely - clean, comfortable chaises, light cabana music playing and food & beverage service. The few negatives I could note would be that the hallways were very noisy, it seemed like housekeeping was cleaning rooms around the clock. If I were in my room at 4-6 pm working or resting it was very distracting, I was sure there was construction going on in a nearby room or something that's how loud it was. Also, late at night there was a lot of noise in the hallways, banging doors, etc. I brought earplugs so I was not disturbed but my coworker had a hard time sleeping. There is a spa, I did not indulge but my coworker went for a pedicure and a haircolor. The pedicure was very nice (and very expensive) but they were seriously limited in color choices from what she said. Also, she was extremely unsatisfied with her hair color (also very expensive) and felt the person who did it was not skilled at all so beware! The other thing to note is that aside from the lobby bar, there is only one restaurant in the hotel so we did dine out at a nearby southwestern grille and it was very good. The concierge was most helpful in making recommendations. All in all, it was a treat to stay at The Ballantyne Hotel and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel by Marriott, Charlotte welcomes guests with gracious service, elegant accommodations and abundant amenities. Explore the spa, seasonal outdoor pool, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, tennis, golf, fitness, exquisite dining, 24 hour room service, afternoon tea and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a lovely cottage and The Lodge at Ballantyne, a 35 room group retreat. Meeting and event planners are invited to view meeting and event facilities with spacious and picturesque outdoor venues, on-site group activities and creative culinary offerings. The Ballantyne is located within nine miles of SouthPark and Carowinds and within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte’s impressive recreational and entertainment offerings, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and the thriving Ballantyne community. Guests enjoy a complimentary shuttle within one mile and access to many dining and conveniences within walking distance and even more within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Ballantyne, Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte