During CMS Speedweek my wife and I stayed at the Ballantyne Resort for 2 nights. We are not exactly of the usual "class" of guest - we were really treating ourselves. But we never half-assed it. During our stay we really used the place, enjoying both pools, the dining, the various patio cocktails, the golfing and just walking around the grounds. At lot of what we did (dining & golf) was covered in the "Pick your Pleasure" package and I'd say a great value - it included wire internet and golf view upgrade.
The room was fantastic and immaculate. Not huge, but very nice. Bose stereo - nice touch. Room service never missed a beer can ring on the granite nightstand and kept the all glass shower spotless!
The Gallery produced the best dining I ever had. We were impressed with every meal (including room service, which was quick). The breakfast french toast was life changing for me! On a patio I ordered a Cobb salad that was the best thing I have ever eaten. During the evening we went with the 5 course "surprise". The chef was able to execute a "no shellfish" perimeter. I hate all seafood, but indulged and enjoyed swordfish and some pretty flippin' good salmon. Some kind of beef and duck were the other courses. I'm not picky, but it was all really good! The last desert course was really 4 desert courses, so we were getting pretty full. Everything was good, but they tried this ice cream and corn thing. It was a nice try, but that was like nuts and gum.
We spent a lot of time just walking around and enjoying the resort, taking pics on the grounds. Beautiful achitecture. The only think we didn't take in was the spa (not for me - maybe my wife some other time) We golfed (if you could call it that) - staff in the pro shop were great. Nice course. Everyone was great and easy/ helpful.
The whole stay was an expensive outing for us, but we felt our time at the Ballantyne was well worth it. We'd do it again and the Ballantyne Resort and The Gallery Restaurant will always be the standard that I hold other resort and restaurants up to now. I have not a single complaint
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ballantyne, located in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a member of Starwood Hotels & Resorts' The Luxury Collection. Guests are welcomed with exceptional service, complemented by a timeless elegance. Enjoy resort-style amenities including spa, golf, fitness, exquisite dining and leisure offerings. The Ballantyne features beautiful hotel rooms, a cottage and lodge retreat with sophisticated meeting, wedding and event venues in a vibrant setting. The Ballantyne is located within 18 miles of Uptown Charlotte and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. In addition to its great accessibility to Charlotte, the hotel is set amidst shopping, dining, retail and a thriving business community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantyne Hotel Charlotte
- Ballantine Resort Charlotte