“Must see!!”

$45.00*
Charlotte Bike Tour
Ranked #16 of 181 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Machado and Silvetti Associates of Boston, the five-story, 145,000-square-foot facility combines inspiring architecture with cutting-edge exhibitions to provide visitors with unparalleled educational and cultural experiences. Located in the heart of Charlotte's burgeoning city center, Mint Museum Uptown is an integral part of the Levine Center for the Arts, a cultural campus that includes the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture, the Knight Theater, and the Duke Energy Center. Mint Museum Uptown also features a wide range of visitor amenities, including the 240-seat James B. Duke Auditorium, the Lewis Family Gallery, art studios, a restaurant, and a museum shop.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Mint Museum Uptown is great! I loved it!! If you have some time go and see the architecture of the place and the incredible collections they have!!

2  Thank dstraffon

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is truly a gem in uptown Charlotte and not to be missed if you find yourself with several hours free. The building is beautiful architecturally, very spacious and well lit and if you are a lover of great art, you won't be disappointed. I call it "exceptional!"

1  Thank harbormaster999
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is probably the nicest museum I have visited. Everyone was friendly and helpful and I loved the exhibits. Everything was well laid out and attractive. I will definitely put it on my list of places to visit again the next time I am in Charlotte. The shop had lots of unusual gifts I wish I could have bought but lack of space in my suitcase prevented me for over-indulging. Don't miss it if you are interested in art.

1  Thank itchyfeet996
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I loved this museum. I loved the architecture, I loved the exhibits, I loved the friendly staff, even the friendly security guards! This is a great place to go. It's a manageable size to get round everything and well laid out. The shop at the end had some interesting things for sale, no tacky souvenirs. I shall be back.

1  Thank itchyfeet996
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We decided to go to Charlotte this afternoon and I had read some of the reviews for the Mint Museum here on TA so we headed downtown, had lunch and then headed to the MM.

We got there a little after 4pm, and we had just enough time to get through all the galleries before they closed at 6pm. Not knowing exactly what to expect, it was a nice surprise to find this place is bigger than what I had expected. The building is beautiful and the artwork is beautifully displayed.

General admission was only $10 for adults (see their website for other pricing, I didn't notice) but a mention to anyone going who has a current AAA membership, you get 20% ($2) off, making it only $8, worth every penny IMHO. I didn't see any sign there that said AAA members get a discount, glad I found out they do though.

What a gem of a museum! If you find yourself in Charlotte, and you like art, do try and go here, I doubt you would be disappointed! I definitely will return next time I go to Charlotte!

We