DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark
Ranked #26 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Smells”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Shocking display of a Hilton. As usual Hilton charge for everything Internet is 10 a day a beer is 4.50 better off buying a case from the walgreens accross the road , the location is great malls and shops easy to get to the car parking is okay they don't charge however need to make it exclusive to the customers not mall shoppers wanting to park
In a safe undercover area. The rooms are big however the whole
Hotel smells of dampness including the rooms. If your looking at a good nights sleep the walls are paper thin an you can here tvs on, people talking, people walking about the place. Not really very impressed an wont be using again

• Stayed August 2012
Tahir M, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues. I would also like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you faced; we have worked with our staff to find a permanent solution. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is my favorite hotel to stay at in Charlotte, NC when I visit! The renovation they did is gorgeous! I love the restaurant and lounge area, it is very welcoming and the colors and design are very refreshing! Our room was so nice, I love the shower curtains and the lliving room was warm and cozy. They use to have kitchens in the suties, but it looks very sleek and up-to-date now they have renovated this area! My favorite area is the patio area right next to the pool, they really put alot of money into making this area very beautiful and it give you a feeling of relaxation! Lastly, the front office and other staff members you meet when waking through the hotel are so nice and friendly! This hotel is right next to a mall and restaurants everywhere! I love this hotel and it still remains to be my favorite place to stay when visiting Charlotte, NC!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool!
1 Thank wonderwoman8080
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Overall all great place to stay.

Walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

There is a charge for internet access and parking can be a bit of a challenge if the hotel is hosting an event.

Definitively will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in July, 2012 and I'm VERY sorry that I made this choice. When one walks into the lobby, the impression is that of a very nice property, attractively appointed and well-kept. In my experience, that is where it ends. I actually made a few brief notes before checking out after a three-day stay, so that I could be sure to capture a few of the difficulties we encountered. To make it worse, I had my mother with me, and she also found the hotel to be less than optimal. We had two separate rooms, so our complaints are not based on the experience in only one room of the hotel. Some of the complaints we had are quite minor, but when grouped together over a short stay, they leave a very distasteful imprint:
1. Ants in the nightstand area in my room on each of the three days.
2. Dirty elevator, where someone had spilled a drink, and it remained there for more than 5 hours
3. Had to call housekeeping for wastebaskets, since there were none in my mother's room.
4. On two of the days, my room was not cleaned by the housekeeping staff until after 4:00 pm.
5. Vending machine on the second floor out of order during our stay.
6. Cold water in both the bathroom and kitchen ran warm, no matter how long the tap remained open.
7. What appeared to be an ATM was broken during the entire period of our stay.
8. Dirty trays from room service in some rooms (not ours) were left in the hallway for ages.
9. Trash and debris (cigarette butts, beer cans, paper cups, paper, etc., etc.,) under the bushes outside the balcony in one of our rooms.
10. My mother had a room designated for the handicapped, and there was no telephone in the bedroom, only in the living room area of the suite!! Who ever heard of a bedroom designed for use by disabled person......with no telephone next to the bed in case of emergencies!!??
BUT BY FAR, THE MOST UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE WAS THE OPERATION OF THE AIR CONDITIONING UNITS IN BOTH ROOMS. THE COMPRESSORS WERE SO LOUD IN BOTH OUR ROOMS THAT SLEEPING WAS DIFFICULT!! WE CALLED ENGINEERING, AND WERE TOLD THAT NOTHING COULD BE DONE. Also, in my room, a loud knocking noise occurred after the air conditioning cycled off, and I found it VERY annoying.

I must say that the staff we encountered at the hotel was very pleasant and accommodating, but despite that, I would still never recommend this hotel to anyone, and I would be cautious about some of the positive reviews found on this site for this particular property. I have traveled to more than 20 countries around the world, and to 34 states in the U.S., and stayed at many EXCELLENT properties. However, the Doubletree in Charlotte was one of my most disappointing experiences. This hotel appears to be independently operated and not directly run by the Hilton chain. I would suggest that the Hilton company disavow themselves! This property will give them a bad name! We discussed the hotel with a colleague we were visiting in Charlotte, and she indicated that many others with whom she works have had complaints about this hotel when they visit the area as well.

3 Thank luvtravel389
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Renovations seem to be complete at this Doubletree in Charlotte. The suites are very nice and large. There is a good sized living area with sofa, chairs and table for 4, a separate, small kitchenette with an apartment sized refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, and coffeepot, and a nice sized bedroom and bath. One reviewer said the newly decorated suites were dark and not attractive. They are a little dark, but I think that is due to the partially closed in porch area. The suite itself was comfortable, very, very clean (and I am very picky) with very comfortable beds. The hotel itself is beside Southpark Mall (easy to walk over and back) and across the street from one of my favorite restaurants (Bricktop). The front desk person was so kind and friendly at check in. He (wish I had jotted down his name) was quick with the check in and didn't forget a detail (especially the warm chocolate chip cookies). Service at breakfast the next morning was some of the best I have ever received at a restaurant. We literally had three different people waiting on us! Breakfast was very good...buffet. I'm a HH Gold member so I stay at lots of Hiltons. This one is very, very high on my list. I'll definitely stay here on my next visit to Charlotte.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted you had a great experience!

We hope to accommodate you again when your plans bring you back to Charlotte!

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at The Doubletree Suites Hotel near Southpark. The hotel is recently renovated and was very clean, fresh and lovely. The staff were all very accommodating, friendly and would go out of their way to assist us with whatever needs may have arisen.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location to shops and restaurants is fabulous and the suite style rooms offer ample space for families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is always great to hear from our clients that our staff members were accommodating, going out of their way to assist wherever needed. It is our true goal to ensure that every guest has an outstanding stay when visiting our hotel!

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. When we got the special rate for a King bed I assumed it would be a standard fare size room. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised.

First off, the hospitality and accommodating staff at this hotel were top notch. We were greeted very warmly when we checked in and everyone always had a smile and a "hello" to say when we walked by. They gladly changed out the pillows for my wife in the middle of the night to protect her from her feather allergies. Plus, the signature Double Tree cookies were always a welcome sight and tasted delicious.

The rooms were HUGE. I was absolutely floored how big they were for the price we paid, as there was a separate sleeping area and living room space. We were facing the pool and although it was noisy when the kids were outside, the pool was closed from 11 PM until a normal morning hour. This was strictly enforced so we could sleep.

The gym area looked nice and I'm sure it had some nice amenities, but other than a quick work out, we did not stay long enough to experience them. Breakfast was reasonably priced and if nothing interests you in the buffet continental part, just order off the menu as it comes with coffee and a TON of food by itself.

Only down side were the renovations going on outside. Made the breakfast cafe area a little cramped, but there was no active construction going on during the weekend, so we lucked out in regards to noise. In general it was simply an eyesore, but otherwise not a big deal.

I'm not sure what made me only give this place 4 starts instead of 5. It was an extremely nice stay but just didn't have that "it" factor to wow me. All in all, this is an extremely spacious, clean, hospitable, and affordable hotel for the price. It's also in a great location, less than a 2 minute walk from the South Park mall. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, I would definitely recommend giving it a fair shot.

1 Thank Daredevil3181
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit at our hotel! We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you once again, when your plans bring you back to our city.