This hotel which is going through renovations is deceiving. I called numerous times and asked about the renovations and work going on, I asked them were the rooms done and they said yes. To start after check in when we went to our room the card wouldnt work, had to stand in the hallway and wait for someone to come to fix it, this happened numerous times and so did others, it was nothing to see people standing by their door waiting on someone to come let them in. They were preparing for a wedding, which I didnt mind, but what I did mind is my room was on the bottom floor so the view out of my windows was a tent, after the ceremony the tent didnt come down, so this was the view period. The seating that is in the courtyard was just pushed back in there, tables pushed to the side, chairs just pushed to the middle, never did fix in 2 days. Now for this so called newly renovated room, the bathtub has marks in it, like there was a mat there for a long time, I tried to take a photo but it wouldnt show, there was a big stain on the ceiling above the shower, the fan in the bathroom does not work, and the bathroom counter looked like it had nail polish marks on it, so it didnt look the cleanest. The kitchen was very small, and the cabinets were disgusting, dishes were in the dishwasher, not the cabinets. The stand that the TV set on in the living room appears to be old, from the looks of it, the very small patio was covered in dirt and the furniture was as well, I wouldnt have set on it, and there was chunks of paint missing from the doors inside. The large vent in the bedroom made so much noise I had to get up and turn the air off to sleep, which made it very hot, hot or noise??When we left our room we put the do not disturb sign out because we didnt want anyone in our room, when we came back the beds had been made and towels in the bathroom, so dont know why they give you a sign if they dont follow it. The day we were going to check out, the maid knocked and then opened the door, it was 9 am checkout wasnt until noon. The room where the ice machine is was like a sauna, and there is basically not much parking, I have never seen a hotel with parking like this. If you are going to Charlotte, I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Charlotte-SouthPark is a truly charming full-service, all-suite hotel in the heart of SouthPark, Charlotte’s best shopping and dining district! The hotel is a restful retreat and the only full-service, all-suite hotel in the heart of Charlotte’s most upscale area. Renowned for gracious service and picturesque location, the hotel is nestled between SouthPark Mall (with its 120+ department and specialty stores, restaurants and food court) and Symphony Park. The DoubleTree Suites’ professional staff and luxurious amenities make your temporary residence feel like home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Charlotte / Southpark Hotel Charlotte
- Doubletree Hotel Charlotte Southpark