I stayed at the hotel for three weeks while in NC for business.
The hotel itself was fine, and the food offered in the mornings and evenings was fine.
However beware of the staff and security guards. Here is what happened: On my checkout day, I went to the parking lot and unlocked my vehicle with my remote keychain, and upon opening the driver side door, I immediately noticed the vehicle had been gone through. The glove box was opened, and items from the center console were scattered on the driver and passenger seats. As I turned to shut the door, I then noticed items in the bed. They included a briefcase and laptop bag, which did not belong to me.
I went back in to the hotel, straight to the front desk, reported the break in and asked the man running the front desk to call the police.
The staff person at the desk replied that there was no point in calling the police right away. He explained that break ins happen a lot here, and the police can’t (or won’t) come, until later in the morning.
During this conversation, the security guard came over and said before her shift started, around 9pm the night before, she noticed the truck had been broken into. She had in her possessions items from the truck including the frequent player cards. She explained she found them in the parking lot. This indicated to me that a bag of change I had stored in my center console, which is also where I had stored my player cards had been stolen.
From first glance, the truck showed no indication of entry. The driver side lock was damaged, but not immediately noticeable. Additionally, my truck sits pretty high, and I find it suspicious she was able to see in, and take note of the items askew, just on her way in for her shift.
If she had noticed these items the night before, I inquired why I had not been contacted, as my name is plainly visible on the cards. She then explained that she did inquire with a lady at the front desk , but there was no record of my name as a guest. I also found this hard to believe, because not only did I have a reservation, my name was included on the shuttle service list, used everyday for the last three weeks.
When this incident was discussed with my business associates also staying at the hotel, they explained to me that they had noticed the security guard looking in car windows as they were coming and going from the hotel parking lot.
Although this can only be speculation, I whole heartedly believe this security guard played some role in the break in. Or the security company hired by the hotel is not hiring competent trustworthy employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a visitor-friendly city center known as Uptown and numerous corporate headquarters, North Carolina's largest city is quickly becoming a top destination for both business and leisure travelers. With several large universities, thrilling theme parks, opportunities for outdoor recreation and shopping parks, Charlotte is an exciting destination. Relax and enjoy our outdoor pool, open seasonally and weather permitting. Our newly renovated, upscale, extended stay hotel in Charlotte is conveniently situated for vacation, corporate and government travelers. HYATT house(R) Charlotte Airport hotel is newly renovated and conveniently located in the center of a Fortune 500 corridor, just six miles from downtown and the Charlotte Convention Center. Our friendly Charlotte Airport hotel offers travelers access to popular tourist destinations including Carowinds Amusement Park, Lynx- Charlotte's Light Rail, Billy Graham Library, Discovery Place, Spirit Square Center for the Arts, Bank of America Stadium and Charlotte Motor Speedway. For the business traveler, we're centrally located to the corporate offices for Wells Fargo/Wachovia, Bank of America, AT&T and US Airways. Ideally located for all types of travelers, our hotel in Charlotte is a top choice for your next trip to North Carolina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your HYATT house Charlotte Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte
- Hyatt Charlotte Airport
- Summerfield Suites Charlotte
- Charlotte Summerfield Suites
- Charlotte Hyatt