“Authentic West African food!”

Zoewee's Restaurant
Ranked #743 of 2,730 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: African
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I came across this restaurant bc we wanted a flavorful meal. We weren't disappointed! The atmosphere is nice and the food was amazing! We're already planning our next trip back.

Date of visit: August 2013
2  Thank Mahoghanyw

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you like authenic liberian food. This would be the place! Spicy and friendly. The atmosphere is the best but they are clean. If you have hard time understanding accents and havnt had liberian food then this wouldnt be great going alone.

Date of visit: September 2012
3  Thank samoramonique
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went to this restaurant twice already with my Nigerian husband. Trying to find him some fufu since it was his first time to our country. It was kind of hard finding this restaurant, like the last reviewer said it is in the back of a small shopping center. The staff there was very nice, just that that it take so long to get your food and even to order if they are busy. I think they need more staff working the floor. The food is pretty good just not enough when it comes to the fufu. We will return if we can't find more fufu.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank lojiaku
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Good atmosphere,food and wonderful service with a nice music playing on the background, the waiter, a young loving guy is so professional and lovely

Date of visit: October 2011
1  Thank Francis P
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This restaurant is kind of hidden in a small strip mall. I was not sure what to order so the waiter brought me a few dishes to try. I settled on the potato greens with rice, and fufu which is a dense starch side dish. The potato greens, which was like a stew, had beef and chicken and was spicy and pungent in a good way. The flavors were rich. When I was there all of the other clients were West African, and those that I spoke with were from Liberia. The atmosphere is basic with afro/reggae-type music. The menu indicated different specials each day of the week. This is a good place to go to sample West African culture.

Date of visit: June 2011
7  Thank levnc

Been to Zoewee's Restaurant? Share your experiences!