“Unbelievable Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Midwood Smokehouse

Midwood Smokehouse
Ranked #5 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Unbelievable Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Awesome ribs - best I've had in the Carolinas. Save some room for dessert as the Pecan Cobbler was also great. Atmosphere and service also huge plusses. Overall a great experience and we look forward to our next trip there.

FSFGGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Midwood Smokehouse, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Eduardo,

With pleasure we read your comments and will certainly share them with our staff. Thank you very much! Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent find by Alpharetta, GA family of 3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife, son and I went to Charlotte (a 4 hr drive) for a July 4th holiday trip. We like to try local restaurants and look for trendy neighborhoods that have them. Midwood was a great experience. Food was of high quality, our server was very nice and we have no complaints. Parking is scarce but if you go at the right time you will be okay.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for choosing Midwood Smokehouse. We are happy that you enjoyed your experience. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
“Consistently Excellent Que”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This crew has certainly managed to create comsistantly excellent BBQ related dishes. The only variation that I have seen (not a bad thing) is the consistent surprised in the variation of spicy-ness in the Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers.

Ted,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We will pass on your feedback to the rest of the Midwood team and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Succulent Southern Goodness!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I came here with some friends on Saturday. After scouring Yelp, driving around town, and ruling out some places that have been featured on various TV shows (but had terrible ratings), we agreed on this place.

We decided to sample a little of everything: The fried pickles were pretty good, if you’re into that sort of thing. (I heard that they’re a Southern thing, so I decided to give them a try.) The pimento cheese fries were cheesy and yummy and otherwise delicious! The hushpuppies… well, I could eat those by the pound. Fried just right, not at all greasy. Just a little bit sweet and perfect one-bite sized. Careful though; you can eat a whole order without realizing it (and then you would have no room for BBQ, and nobody wants that!)

I got the brisket “burnt ends” for my entrée. To be ‘ends’, they were surprisingly tender with just the right amount of sweet, smoky sauce. The mac and cheese was the real deal, with the slightly charred cheese on top… just like mama used to make (none of that Easy Mac crap that some of these places try to give you)! The creamed corn was not too sweet, a little peppery... not what I expected, but not bad. My friends got a half slab of ribs and smoked salmon respectively and the only complaint at the table was that there was more food on the table than belly to put it all in.

Stuffed though we were, we HAD to make room for dessert. Our server (Drew?) talked us into some of their homemade banana pudding. After interrogating him thoroughly about the legitimacy of the pudding (Is it banana “flavored” instant pudding? Are there real Nilla wafers in it? Are there any actual bananas in the pudding?), we were informed that it is made fresh by a baker that the restaurant ‘stole’ from a local bakery nearby. (And in case you’re wondering…No, it’s not instant pudding. Yes, there are lots of Nilla wafers inside [and no, they are not soggy! That’s a pet peeve of mine], as well as fresh, not browned, bananas). The pudding was a bit too sweet for my taste (to be fair, I’m VERY picky ‘bout my pudding!), but my friends gobbled it right on up.

The cocktails were ok. My friend got a drink with smoked ice (yes, smoked ice) in it that she thoroughly enjoyed. I got something with Jim Beam Devil’s Cut, but to be fair, the drinks were in waaaay over their head competing with all the succulent flavors coming from the numerous plates surrounding them.

All in all, we had a blast! The service was as good as the food and if I’m ever in Charlotte again, I’ll be back!

• Visited July 2014
I would like to take this time to personally thank you for dining with us at Midwood Smokehouse. We know that you have many choices when dining and your business is very much appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your experience, and that our food and service exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing Midwood and we hope to see you again in the near future.
“Best brisket in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Brisket and burnt ends are fantastic. Nice and peppery the way brisket should be. Bacon wrapped jalapeños are a great appetizers and the mac and cheese is heavenly. This is charlotte ' s best bbq imo

Paul,
With pleasure we read your comments and will certainly share them with our staff at Midwood. Thank you very much! Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.