“Great BBQ”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This place has great tasting food and always friendly service. It is a little more than your typical old BBQ joint but its worth it. You can go enjoy great BBQ in a more upscale environment.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“great ribs”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great ribs. They were out of brisket, so we also ordered pulled pork. It was good, but not great. Next time we hope to try the brisket.

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“barbecue bummer”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

If I'm being honest, I was pretty disappointed by my meal here. I ordered the smoked turkey plate with sweet potato fries and what I received definitely didn't meet my expectations. The turkey was SO dry, maybe the driest I've ever had (and I've had some dry turkey). I had to ask for barbecue sauce, which I thought was odd in an establishment centered around barbecue. The sweet potato fries were pretty good, but not good enough to get me to come back for more. Maybe I just picked the wrong menu item, as my boyfriend enjoyed his chicken with mustard sauce. He also liked his side of creamed corn, which I tasted and found overwhelmingly garlicky. While the decor is fun and the full bar is appreciated, we had to wait a very long time for our less-than-outstanding food. Unfortunately, I have no high praise (or really any praise at all) for this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Jacksonville, NC
“It was alright”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

It was okay. I don't really see why it's in the top 10. The food was alright; the fries were way too salty and the meat was a little dry. Service wasn't bad but I don't know if I'll be back.

• Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful barbeque!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Midwood Smokehouse is one of our favorite places to get barbeque. We enjoy the chopped pork barbeque and smoked brisket. The baked beans are out of this world! The staff is very friendly and attentive. We enjoy sitting out of the patio on warmer afternoons and evenings.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Midwood Smokehouse? Share your experiences!