“BBQ the way it should be”
Review of Midwood Smokehouse

Midwood Smokehouse
Ranked #5 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We recently spent the weekend in Charlotte. We told our son that we wanted to have good BBQ. He took us here. WOW. Everything was soooo good.We had the stuffed jalapenos, fried pickles, the BBQ turkey plate, burnt ends and the sampler. Every thing was delicious. This is how BBQ should be.
I agree with the contributor who said that the restaurant was loud but the service was very good. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank 426corgimama

Reviewed October 13, 2013

What more to say than great BBQ, Beans, Fries, Mac n cheese, etc... The staff was really friendly and the place was clean and well decorated.the one thing I did notice was the music kinda loud inside - so I sat outside. But I was there in the off hours of the day, so it didn't bother me. The bbq beans are a must - best I've ever had at any bbq place.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

In general, this is a pretty good restaurant. My burnt ends were good but not great. The creamed corn was pretty tasty as were the stuffed jalapenos. The best thing was definitely the pecan cobbler a la mode.

The restaurant is fairly loud, but the service is good. The prices are also pretty good.

In all, this is a good restaurant. It wasn't mind blowing or the best I've ever had, but it was good.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Delicious BBQ in a friendly atmosphere. I stopped by for weekend brunch, sat at the bar and had great service. The pork BBQ plate was a hearty portion with sweet potato fries that tasted homemade. The sauce was a sweet, tangy finish. I also liked the hush puppies. Good value!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The barbeque is excellent, just like in the photos already posted by other reviewers. Just had to add that the smoked chicken is out of this world! Not a chicken with a smoked flavoring on the outside but a real honest-to-goodness smoked chicken from a smoker with flavor all the way through the juicy meat. Wow! The collard greens side dish is also amazing!

Been to Midwood Smokehouse? Share your experiences!