“Outstanding BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We all had cheese fries and Carolina BBQ and it was excellent. The service was outstanding and the side dishes were good. When in Charlotte we will be back.

1  Thank ChicopeeJoe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I found this place to be overpriced and underwhelming. I heard great things so maybe my expectations were too high. I just did not find the food to be any more than average, the prices weren't worth it and the service was nothing special. I don't get why it's gotten so many reviews. I've done dinner and lunch and neither impressed.

2  Thank wanderlustjourney
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I work very close by to the Midwood Smokehouse, and this place is always packed- especially on Fridays at lunch. The food is real good, and what I like is you can get the BBQ or Chicken BBQ dressed or undressed. I prefer undressed on the side so I can monitor how much sauce to use. The plates are generous, sides are delicious, and pricing is very fair. The atmosphere is very relaxed, you can sit outside or in. Although as of this post, this area is going through construction and parking at the Smokehouse is a bear ! I would suggest park across the street where there is plenty of parking, be careful crossing Central Ave.

1  Thank Kelly V
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I would have eaten here every day if we'd had no other plans. I went with my boyfriend, and we sat outside and split a Well-Fed (four picks of meat) platter. He ordered ribs and pulled pork, I took the brisket and turkey, and we had sides of fries and the hush puppies. We got three different sauces; I got cranberry for the turkey (which was delicious, but paled in comparison to everything else) and we got two BBQ sauces, a tomato-based and a vinegar-based I think. They were fantastic! I actually only picked this place because my boyfriend likes BBQ, but I never have. It seems I've just been eating at all the wrong places, because I LOVED it here. Everything just melted in your mouth, and I regret not ordering some to take home. The next time we visit, I will absolutely be going back.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu in terms of BBQ. From the ribs to the brisket, sausage to the smoked turkey. It's all so tasty and cooked with care. We had the Pecan Cobbler for dessert, which was unusual in the best of ways.

Been to Midwood Smokehouse? Share your experiences!