“Good food..”

Passage To India Indian Cuisine
Ranked #479 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Description: At Passage To India, our focus is on the consistency of our dishes and the excellence of our service. We offer a variety of authentic, yet diverse dishes from North and South India, providing plenty of options for everyone. One of the house favorites is the Chicken Tikka Masala, a marinated chicken breast grilled in a charcoal clay oven and cooked with a creamy tomato sauce. You can also never go wrong with our Mysore Masala Dosa, a thin rice crepe with spicy chutney and seasoned potatoes and onions! We also offer a great Lunch and Weekend Brunch Buffet with over 30 different items including Vegetable/Chicken/Goat Biryani, Chili Chicken, Tandoori Mix Grill, Goat Curry, and much more! Whether you're looking for a place to gather your family, grab a quick meal after class, or meet with coworkers for lunch, Passage To India has something delicious for everyone. We accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets with our variety of options to ensure that everyone gets to enjoy our dishes. Look no further than Passage To India for friendly service and authentic Indian cuisine!
Reviewed August 22, 2012

For all Indian food lovers, this is a very good place to dine. Pretty good options and pretty good food. Probably one of the best you can get in Charlotte.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

A friend & I went to Passage to India for the lunch buffet ($6.99 + tax each). We both love Indian food and we pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I don't always love buffets but this was fresh. The place was busy and the food turnover was quick. I think that part of their success is using smaller chafing dishes so the food has to replenished often, keeping it hot & fresh.

On our 1st pass through the line, we had to wait for fresh rice and then our 2nd pass (don't judge! :), we had to wait for the rice to be replenished again. Right after the rice, out came a platter of hot, chewy naan - they had plain and garlic naan. There were several vegetarian options including saag panner (homemade cheese and spinach), an okra curry that was good and I don't like okra! For meat dishes there was a tandoori chicken, a "spicy" chicken dish and chicken tikka masala. My only complaint would be that the chicken pieces in the chicken tikka masala were minuscule. Otherwise everything was really flavorful.

Service is pretty much non-existent but that's okay. They brought water or drinks and took plates away. The clientele is very diverse with lots of college students (who get a 10% discount if they show their student ID). You don't get a bill, just pay at the counter when you are finished and tell them what you got.

We''ll definitely go back when we are in the area!

1  Thank JourneysByJill
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I went with my wife on a Friday night here. I had already tried one restaurant in Charlotte area (Sangam Indian Cuisine) and we were very happy with it. But we wanted to check out other restaurants too. Reading the reviews of it, I thought it would be a safe bet. We were quickly seated as soon as we arrived. We were given 2 small padad with 2 a tamarind chutney and a cilantro chutney as complimentary appetizer. And we hardly looked at the menu for a minute and waiter came to us asking if we were ready (I had to tell him to give us few more mins to decide). That was because the restaurant was too crowded at that time. We ordered Aloo Paratha/Paneer Kulcha, Vindaloo curry and Kofta curry. Aloo Paratha and Paneer kulcha were good. Vindaloo curry was tasty but it was more like a mix vegetable curry (so that was a disappointment). Kofta curry was tasty but the koftas were very small and slightly hard than what it should be. Rice plate was complimentary. They mention basmati rice in the menu but it wasn't basmati. During out entire 30 minutes dinner, no one came to us and asked if the food was good or if we needed anything else. The place mostly had students being near to University and it was too loud. I am certainly not going to be back and will be moving on to the next one with good reviews in Charlotte area. But in case, you DO decide to go, please print out their 5$ coupon from their website for dinner (or whatever else you are planning for). It might be a good option for carryout or buffet, but I am not sure if I am going to try that again.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am surprised to see no reviews of this place yet!! Love their food, weekend buffet is the best! Best Indian restaurant in town right now! Very good value for money. Dont go for the atmosphere, go here for the food!