“Not even a groupon would bring me back!”

Rudy's Italian Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1,439 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pineville - Matthews Rd
Charlottte NC
“Not even a groupon would bring me back!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We actually went to this place with a group on. We got there about 5:20 or so, and it was almost empty. For some reason the seater wanted to put us in a dark corner. She sourly agreed to move us nearer to the windows. The server was prompt and appropriate. Things went downhill for there. The server was obviously "over tabled" and we did not see him again until someone else noted we had been sitting a while after finishing our meal. The food arrived barely warm, the water glass was never refilled - all this going on wihle the owner chatted away at the door. When the server was directed by someone else, he was most apologetic....but, by then....we refused his offer of more food. Sad experience from a place that was full of customers!

• Visited January 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really Good Food, But Other Issues”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had dinner with friends who eat here often. The food was very good, some of the best italian I have had in Charlotte. But, when the wine was ordered the waiter brought the wrong bottle, and the wine glasses were mismatched, 2 white wine and 2 red wine glasses and they were not very clean. Apparently that was all that was available, which is surprising on a Saturday night. The waiter forgot to bring bread with the salads and once reminded he still did not get the bread to us until the salads were eaten. When the food arrived my dish was not what I ordered. It went back to the kitchen and several minutes later the correct meal was served. As I said earlier the food is very good and is the only reason that we will try this restaurant again.

• Visited January 2013
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a great time, the food and the service was great. We sat at the bar and had a wonderful time with the bartender Charles and it was very busy

“Italian Delight”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I had a discount coupon for Rudy's and went there last weekend. The atmosphere was very nice and comfortable. The wait staff was great. We should have shared one salad since it was a huge serving but quite tasty. We both had pasta dishes which were very authentic Italian and delicious. We shared a Tiramisu for dessert which was yummy. We will definitely return for another meal. The prices were comparable to other Charlotte restaurants. The coupon was a great help. The outdoor dining looked cozy and quaint. We would like to try that when the weather is nicer.

• Visited November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Italian in Charlotte”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My grandparents were Sicilian immigrants, and both Gram and Mom were excellent Italian cooks. I find Rudy's dishes to be authentic and a lot like gram's, so I love the place. We've visited many times every since they opened and spend every Valentine's night there for dinner. I especially love the osso buco, the pasta bolognese and the calamari. The salad with pears and walnuts is great.

• Visited July 2012