TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent quality sushi and great service. Reasonable prices for most of the menu items. The ”off menu” items were great but pricey.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (53)

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Fish is fresh and if a high quality, servers the best! The fusion is amazing! The decor and atmosphere is perfect!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Great Food served hot and fresh. The Miso Soup was delicious along with the dumplings. The scallops and shrimp were cooked just right . I also enjoyed the vegetables that came with this dish. The quality and quantity was just fine.
Located in the heart of South Park.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

I'd never been to Yama before, so we decided to give it a shot for lunch. My biggest complaint about the place was the prices for lunch were pretty high. You weren't going to spend less than $12 per person, and the portion sizes weren't huge either, so it's a good bit of money, for not very much food. They also don't have a kids menu, which was an annoyance. We had to order the kids a regular meal for $16 to split, which is a bit ridiculous.
The service and food was all good, but the prices and the impracticality of the place would probably keep me from returning.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I ordered a lot of food just to ensure I'd like this place.
TORI KARA-AGE
Fried Japanese style popcorn chicken -- this was great! An assortment of white and dark meat, but it was fresh and delicious.
GINGER SALAD
Romaine lettuce, heirloom tomato, cucumber, carrots, ginger dressing -- EXCELLENT. Romaine lettuce was super fresh and crunchy! I loved this salad.
CLEAR SOUP
Spring onions, sliced mushroom - mushrooms were thinly sliced and the soup was flavorful. YUM!
LOBSTER ROLL
Tempura lobster, asparagus, poached lobster on top, yuzu cream, black tobiko -- FABULOUS! Everything was cooked BTW - It was yummy!!!
I did order a starter dish with tofu in (I can't remember the name) it was not good. I sent it back. The tofu was slimy. YUK
I ordered an alcohol drink (can't remember the name of that either) it was not good I sent it back and order the Mule drink. That's my norm, it was good, yeah I had 2.

Overall I would eat there again. Service was pleasant. She was soft spoken and a bit reserved but pleasant to say the least.

Hope this helps.