“Southpark Sushi and Japanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yama Asian Fusion

Yama Asian Fusion
Ranked #462 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Southpark Sushi and Japanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hated this place when it opened 3 years ago, Same owner but now VERY GOOD. Great wine, sushi and staff. We have no been 3 times in past 3 months and will keep on coming back

• Visited January 2013

toronto
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I ate here with our small children for lunch during a road trip. We're from Toronto and were heading back home. Our city is awash in sushi, and we eat it quite a bit. Our limited sample of this place (some hand rolled maki, Udon, and the hibachi steak) left us thoroughly impressed. The two keys to sushi- good rice and fresh fish- were present here. The rice was very high quality and perfectly cooked by a chef who clearly knows sushi. The salmon and were perfect. Some of the best sushi I've had in ages. Worth the relatively high price.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Can't go wrong with the sushi here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wife and I had planned to go to Cowfish. Was told that it would be a 1.5 hour wait. Moving on, we knew we wanted sushi and came across Yama. We were also in a bit of a rush to go see a movie, so we knew we needed to be in and out very quickly.

Filling out the sushi menu was a little confusing, but we made it happen. We also ordered some edamame. The plates they used were neat and fancy. Service was solid. The sushi itself was very good. I tend to not go towards the cooked rolls, so my only complaint was that some of the rolls didn't really distinguish themselves well. Maybe that was my fault, since I tend to like certain things, so I won't hold it against them. It was interesting watching the folks make the rolls and put them together.

My first choice for dessert was gone, so I had to settle for second. Still, it was pretty good and we were able to get out of there pretty quickly. Next time, I want to be able to stay long enough to savor and enjoy everything, give myself more time to check out the menu and see what's going on here.

• Visited November 2012
Sebastian
“Pretty good Japanese place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Me and my coworker ate there our first night. It was a little ways away from our Concord hotel but it was worth the drive. The sushi was good and so was the hibachi. I would eat there again.

Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“THE BEST SUSHI PLACE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

this place TOPS all the other sushi places in Charlotte, the quality of fish is comparable to NYC, LA area.

The setting was great, the service was wonderful. Everyone love the sushi rolls, surprisinly, the hibachi dishes were the best I ever had. Steam chilian sea bass was my favorite!! very reasonable priced which I'm impress by.

• Visited July 2012