“Wow! Southern food and hospitality at its best....”
Review of The Asbury

The Asbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Asbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,367 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: With its warm service and artistic food presentation, The Asbury puts a sophisticated spin on the local food movement and traditional Southern dishes. The Asbury is a tribute to Charlotte's southern roots and the culturally diverse community of the New South. There is a strong tie to heirloom ingredients native to the area and specialty items grown by small, family farms throughout the local region. Located on the corner of N. Tryon & 6th Streets at the heart of Charlotte's cultural district, it's only fitting that the restaurant features local art curated in collaboration with Sozo Galler. Open seven days a week and serving the longest weekend brunch in Charlotte. Complimentary two-hour parking available in the Fifth Third Bank parking garage accessible from 6th and Church Streets. (Effective January 1, 2017, guests will be able to pay $5 for two (2) hour parking with validation, and will be charged prevailing garage rates after the initial two hours.)
Marrakesh
“Wow! Southern food and hospitality at its best....”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived in Charlotte from England for two nights and found this restaurant by pure chance on 4th July. What a find it proved to be. I loved the fact that i had never heard of, let alone tasted, at least half the things on the menu - bacon jam, iron cast drop biscuit,fish "bacon" and so on. All Southern specialities with a modern twist. We couldn't resist the caramel pop corn as a starter. Wonderful!! The wine was fabulous (so much better than the wine at my hotel the night before) and my daughter's non-alcoholic cocktail (peach and basil and ginger ale) was great too. The apple pie cake pudding with apple pie ice cream was to die for. The staff were wonderful. They could not have been more helpful and friendly. Would strongly recommend to anyone but particularly anyone visiting Charlotte and looking for an introduction to Southern food and hospitality.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank RiadHikaya

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great brunch in uptown!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I went here for brunch. The deviled eggs were the best we've ever had. He had the pork belly benedict; he liked it but loved the grits. I had the gravy biscuits and French onion soup. Both were divine! The best part for me though was the Bloody Mary bar. They bring you the vodka and then you go make your own, with 3 different mixes and a number of pickled vegetables. It might not be the most elaborate one ever, but the most I've really seen in Charlotte. Service was good.

• Visited June 2014
“Pre-show Fabulousness”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Dined at Asbury on a whim. Farm to table food served was delicious, creative modern southern served by knowledgeable and very attentive staff. We had table side ceviche and fresh oysters to start followed by a black grouper dish and a crab topped with slow cooked perfectly poached egg over risotto dish. Both entrees had delicate touches of sides that took the plates over the top. Coupled with a great wine and scrumptious cornbread based desert, we left totally happy before we walked across the street to catch a show at Spirit Square. Fabulous.

1 Thank Mandofiddler
“we when before going to "We Will Rock You" at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food was really good, I had the "Chicken + Dumplings" and Cindy had the "Grouper with Wild Rice and Toasted Pecan Pilaf". They were both excellent.

It is a small sitting, when we arrived (at 5:30pm), there was only one other couple but by 6pm it was almost full. When it was full it was very loud.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Will_Linker
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“I love modern southern cuisine”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I should preface this review with the fact that I love modern southern food. I blame that on having one grandmother who cooked exciting, "fancy" dishes from Southern Living every holiday and one grandmother who made homemade biscuits in an iron skillet, leaving the bottoms fried and crunchy. Therefore, I found my two meals at The Asbury dining heaven. We were uptown for our anniversary and stayed at the Dunhill Hotel. We had dinner reservations and took advantage of the breakfast that came with our overnight stay. I felt like I was sitting in grandma's kitchen when I bit into the drop biscuits. They did not have her signature fried bottoms but were just as fluffy as I remember. The bacon jam was one of the most delicious and creative things I've eaten. I enjoyed the duck. It is not something I eat often but this was well cooked and lived up to my expectations. Breakfast the next morning included thick cut bacon and nicely made scrambled eggs. All in all, I left feeling as though both of my grandmas had gotten together to cook for me on a very special occasion.

• Visited April 2014