“Great, Great, Great Unique Restaurant”

Halcyon, Flavors from the Earth
Reserve with OpenTable
Halcyon, Flavors from the Earth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Levine Avenue of the Arts
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The wait staff was very nice and welcoming and helpful. One of the items we wanted was only offered at lunch, but our waiter talked the chef into letting us order it for dinner (we didn't ask him to). We sampled several dishes and all were very good... Snack Board, Vegetable Phyllo, Bulgar Wheat Salad and the Daily Grind Burger. Must give this a try...

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went there for Saturday Brunch with family. All dishes were very well done. Had Sparkling Wine which was an unusual varietal but very nice. Service is always good here. It has a different feel than many of the Charlotte restaurants. Need to try this place out, I bet you will like it.

1  Thank bluelu1951
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had lunch there before going to see an afternoon play. The appetizer with a variety of dips and crisp bread was delicious. The view off the balcony is a nice mix of city buildings and green space. The salads were high quality ingredients and everything tasted fresh and carefully thought out.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was in town for a night and chose this restaurant for its location, menu and reviews. First thing we wanted was a drink, naturally. The drink menu is so pretentious, I felt immediately irritated. Perhaps I'm just not that well versed in cocktails. Asking the waitress was not a ton of help either. For that matter she wasn't a ton of help with much of anything. We ordered 4 items from the "grazing" portion of the menu and frankly they were just "ok". The blue cheese souffle was so rich it was hard to eat. The oven phyllo reminded me of something you would buy at Costco and heat in the oven for a large party tray. The snack board came with pita that I think was meant to be soft but was toasted to the point that nothing was soft enough. It was also served with some other bread thing that was meant to be crunchy but I could barely bite into it, it was that hard. The hamachi was delicious but very light. I understand this is as it is meant it was just disappointing to be the best tasting thing we ordered and have it gone in two bites each.
So the experience was so so. I would not go again and I would not recommend. I'm in the minority and that's cool. Just thought I'd offer an alternate opinion.

1  Thank ACJW
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I loved this restaurant. The food may not be southern food you'd expect in charlotte but was still original, healthy and very good. I especially liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. Very high ceiling which makes the place even more spacious with lots of sun flowing in, wish I could live there!!!

1  Thank gonta6