“Yum”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,367 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Yum”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte. The sushi is wonderful. I have tried many different fusions and loved them. I always get the edamame too. It's nice because I can go with my husband and he can get a burger.

• Visited May 2014

“Very tasty!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has something for everybody. We had 2 appetizers: fried calamari and fried pickle slices. We could have made a meal out of them, but I decided to try a bento box with a small hamburger (delicious!) and half a sushi roll. It came with generous portions of edemame, sweet potato fries, and sliced cucumbers. It was all very flavorful. We didn't stop there-- next came lemon pound cake with berries and ice cream. The portions were generous and we took home enough to enjoy for another meal. We plan on returning soon. Our only disappointment was there was a long wait to dine outside. Since we were there for lunch, the restaurant wasn't too loud or crowded though. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere and had good service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Sushi Junkie”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and I went here for my birthday. I have been all over the world and had some amazing fresh sushi(Australia & Japan) and the Sashimi that I had was fantastic. Not the best I have had but really high up there on my list. I had the 15 piece chefs choice. It came with 3 pieces Salmon, 3 Yellowtail, 3 Eel, 2 Sea Urchin, 2 Bluefin Tuna, 2 Red Snapper. These pieces were not anything to sneeze at either. To give them a measurement, I was say 1/2 a inch thick by 1 1/2 wide by 3 inches long. Really good size.

Over all I will be back very shortly!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PlatinumGraphite
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome and unique experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is very eclectic. They combine the concept of a gourmet burger place and sushi restaurant. I went with a co-worker while on business. Our hotel recommended it and it was great. The atmosphere is very modern and has sort of a hipster feel. We sat on the heated patio, which was a little loud but warm and nice. I ordered one of their combo bento boxes, which had the burger of the day (teriyaki style mini burger), sushi of your choice, edamame, cucumber asian salad/slaw, and sweet potato fries. I am a "sampler" so I enjoyed having a number of different items on my plate in smaller portions so I got to try a little of everything. Their beer was good and fresh on tap. The desserts (although I didn't order one) looked HUGE and also seemed popular amongst the crowd. The service was good, could have been better. The menu is not simple so a good waitress to explain it all would be more helpful (possibly better training?) Other than that, great experience and I would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2014
Charleston, West Virginia
“WHAT??!?!?”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Do you want to hear the person you went with? Don't go here.
Do you want to be seated at a booth or table in a reasonable time? Don't go here
Do you have morals regarding clawing your way into a bar seat? Don't go here.

That said, if none of the above matter to you, you will still enjoy an attractive building, great spiked shakes, and some good appetizers. Honestly, I was so deafened I was feeling a bit dizzy/sick by the time I finished those two items, so I didn't stay for the main meal.

No reservations accepted and nowhere to stand outside out of the weather, so prepare for a long deafening wait.

• Visited April 2014