“Very unique”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have to admit that the menu was a little overwhelming at first, as The Cowfish offers a lot of different dining options. The restaurant serves both sushi and beef. However, if you want something unique, try one of the cleverly blended sushi rolls with meat instead of fish. I would recommend the "Nature Boys Whooo-shi, Bufalooo-shi Roll. It contains bison and feta cheese and was very tasty. Because they serve meat and sushi, it makes it a great place to go with friends as their menu offers something for everyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stopped in for another great lunch. This place has some of Charlotte's freshest
sushi in some very creative presentations. The room is big & colorful with a
lengthy 3- sided bar plus fish tank in the midst of many tables. Main meal hours can be very crowded with waits and can get loud, but that is part of the fun. There is also a large outdoor seating area in warmer weather.

The menu has everything- appetizers, salads, sandwiches, desserts & the
star of the show -sushi in many formats. The extensive list includes sushi,
nigiri, & sashimi rolls, plus a long list of specialty rolls. They also make a
burgushi, a fusion of burgers & sushi in several formats. I had the Foreplay
Roll - fried oysters with asparagus tempura, a sweet sauce & a spicy cream
sauce. Sriracha is available on all tables. The Volcanic Roll is also tasty. Fried
calamari, jalapenos, cucumber, scallions & spicy tuna.

Bring some friends & come find out what names like Tasmanian Devil, Neon Dion, Firecracker & Deliverance Rolls plus the Pitsburgoo-Shi sandwich are all about. The beer & wine lists are also very extensive .

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with friends and was very excited to eat here after hearing so much about it. But I was underwhelmed by my dining experience. The food was decent. My calamari left much to be desired. As did my meal. Dessert was also blah. I wanted to love this place but it just didn't do it for me. The restaurant is also very small and was tight on a Friday night. It wasn't awful but I won't be back.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mini sliders to die for. This place has it all. Good and friendly waitstaff, excellent food, and such a wonderful experience for one's palate.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm a repeat customer of Cowfish as I live in the area. Stopped in on New Year's Day around 4pm, they had a small 15 min wait, so I cozied up to the bar and had a mixed drink and Bloody Mary. Once seated we shared some warm edamamae and for the entree' we had the Tropical Storm Roll and the Spicy Tuna. I brought a first timer with me and she enjoyed their burger and sweet potato fries along with a few bites of mine. Excellent experience as always. Highly recommend.