“A lot to choose from”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, South Carolina
“A lot to choose from”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Saturday afternoon at 3:00 pm and the restaurant was packed. (I have been here once before at lunch time and it was also crowded.) Instead of waiting, we sat at the bar and ordered from the menu. The menu is extensive with both standard and unique items. We ordered drinks, an appetizer and entrees. All of the food was very good and the portions were very large. The appetizer was large enough to be a meal. The salad was also large enough that only half was eaten and rest taken home. I had the southern pimiento cheese burger which was also tasty and came with a side of sweet potato fries. If there is a negative to report, it is with the burgers. Both this one and a different one I ordered on a previous visit were not served on rolls or bread that can hold up to the juiciness of the burger and toppings. As a result, it is impossible to pick up and eat. The bread gets soggy and it all falls apart. When I spoke with a manager who stopped by the table he was aware of this problem yet it still exists. Anyway, I would still go back and maybe have something other than a burger.

Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate here as a group of 8. We had somewhat of a wait as we of course showed up at about 6 and the place was full. no worries though, we got a pager and had a couple of drinks at the bar.

We all ordered appetizers and they were of course excellent. The dinners we ordered ranged from of course burgers to sushi and some other items. The meal was thoroughly enjoyed by all.

We will definitely return to this Cowfish location.

• Visited August 2013
new york
“Relaxing and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was packed but able to get us a table in 15 minutes. Polite and friendly service. The atmosphere is casual and relax. The outdoor patio with the fountain and children running around actually makes it homey.
The burger tastes better than the Sushi but on the whole the food is pretty good. All the side dishes are tasty...great complement to the drinks (they have specials every night so check it out on their website before you go).
Parking can be crowded during peak hours but then is part of a huge mall so you just have to walk a little.

• Visited September 2013
North Carolina
“I had a great time sitting at the sushi bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at this restaurant at 12:30pm on a Sunday afternoon. There was a 30 minute wait so my husband and I decided to sit at the sushi bar. This was a great idea. First there are huge touch screens in the bar that have several options to keep you entertained. There is the menu, games and Internet access. I thought it was so cool. The food here is always amazing. I try something different each time and have enjoyed everything. The only small thing I didn't care for is I didn't have a place setting and when I asked for one I just got flatware. I didn't get a ramekin for soy sauce. Overall it was a great experience.

“Fun and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went on a Friday night, it was busy (about a 45min wait for a table) but we were able to get seats at the bar fairly quickly. The food was great! and service extremely quick. We (party of 2) had the Lamburgushi roll as an appetizer, split the Green Monster burger, and then had a second roll, Nirvana, as "dessert." The food was so tasty that when we go back I would happily order the same thing but wouldn't want to because I want to try it all! A must try!