“Love Cowfish”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

really like this place but it gets crowded so expect to wait. Great sushi creations and Burgushi - very creative burgers with sushi in them. I have eaten here 7 times and have gotten the what's shakin' tuna bacon sandwich 6 times in a row. I finally broke down and got the fusion bento box for a change of pace. I was not disappointed. I LOVE the wacky art decor on the walls, place could use more bathroom capacity but that may be my only (minor) gripe. How could you NOT like a place with excellent sushi and Pabst Blue Ribbon Tallboys? I sometimes go here multiple times during my 3-4 day trips to Charlotte.

1  Thank Christopher R
There are newer reviews for The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I am not a sushi lover but I with a group who was, so off we went to Cowfish. I ordered the texas longhorn burger amd sweet potato fries. It was amazing! A great place to eat for all taste buds! It's always extremely busy and out service was great!

1  Thank bliss0803
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I absolutely love going here. Everything in the menu is amazing. I especially love the bento boxes because you get a little of everything. The motherload is perfect for two who love sushi. The service is good and the atmosphere is fun. The only downside (and it speaks to the awesomeness of the restaurant) is that there is always a wait. Wish it weren't so but I am happy to know so many people enjoy and appreciate such a great restaurant.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visiting Charlotte this place was recommended by our hotel and we went there with the thought that we'd have just a burger or just sushi. Little did we know we'd end up ordering and loving burgushi! Our waiter was awesome at helping us decifer the large menu, I kick myself for not remembering his name. Since this was not a restaurant we could frequent we thought, why order just a burger or sushi, let's try the burgushi. Burgushi is "a unique fusion of burgers and sushi! Burgushi items are served in various formats, including sushi rolls created utilizing beef & burger components and non-traditional ingredients, and sandwiches created using sushi components." We are adventurous eaters so we tried the Taste Explosion Roll which was basically a bacon cheeseburger in a sushi roll (no fish whatsoever and yes the beef is cooked!) and the What's Shakin Tuna Bacon sandwich (requested non-blackened), the spring roll wrappers made up the bun (not sure how they do it but very good) so it was like an Ahi tuna bacon sandwich/burger with deep friend pickles on the side (extra yum!). The kids meals were basic kids fare and came with two sides (nice options for kids). All our meals had great portions, very filling and had great taste. Definately not what I expected when we first arrived but the whole experience was just fun and very tasty! A trip to the restroom is a bit entertaining. Obviously you can get just burgers or just sushi or you can go out on a limb like us. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I love this place! I have always had wonderful meals there! It is always crowded too!!! So, usually we have to wait. Even with the wait- it is still worth it! There are so many different types of sushi and you can create your own. Then they even have burgers and amazing shakes there! I get a different thing each time and are never disappointed! We loved the crab and lobster spring rolls for an app.