“BEST sushi/burger menu in Charlotte!”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sanibel Island, Florida
“BEST sushi/burger menu in Charlotte!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is tucked into an upscale highrise on the SouthPark Mall property. It is separate of the mall and there is parking right out front or very near. It is an incredible find that is worth going to. I live in Uptown and choose to eat here whenever on business or errands. I would even drive here and leave my Uptown abode just to eat such high quality food. The presentations are second to none.

The menu has just been tweaked and some of the prices are on the high side. However, for the quality and portions, well worth it. There are moderately priced items and combinations, too. What makes this place unique is the melange' of sushi creations and burger/sandwich items. In my opinion, any item is good. This management succeeds in providing sushi/sashimi for even the fussiest foodie and burgers/sandwiches for everyone. It works! They have an edge like no other.

I tried a new item on today's visit. A sushi roll with generous chunks of lobster on the inside, prime (rare) filet mignon' layered on top and crispy portabello garnishing the top. Wow! I have never had portabello that is crisped with a blow torch. It was so healthy and reminded me of bacon. It was not cheap ($20@) and worth every penny. It was more than enough for a meal.

My usual meal is a Bento Box and you get a mini gourmet cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, Thai cucumber salad, edamame and your choice of a maki roll. It is a fabulous value and a gourmet choice compared to most sushi establishments.

The staff is attentive, accomodating and professional. I prefer to go during off hours because the place is packed for dinner. Expect to wait. The best time is lunch and late afternoon. They have outdoor seating that is fantastic on a nice evening. Frankly, I prefer the bar for fast, friendly service. All of the bartenders are great but my fave is Drew who goes out of his way and remembers faces and names. A true asset to this establishment.

This place deserves accolades and I will continue to go here everytime I am in SouthPark. Skip the normal chain restaurants and food courts. Go here for your fix and enjoy!

• Visited October 2012

“Delicious, great atmosphere and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I love having a date night at cow fish! The food is absolutely delicious and never disappoints. Staff is very friendly and always prompt with service, nice place to eat!

Florence, South Carolina
“We finally got in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

After attempting to have dinner here a few times and being offended by such a long wait, we decided to go for a late lunch/early dinner at 4pm, and we had the place to ourselves. The seating outside makes for a nice atmosphere.

Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, which is overwhelmingly large. Since it was our first time, we elected to order Bento Boxes, which is a good way to sample several things. The boursin/bacon burger was SO tasty. The cucumber salad mixture was also really good. My shrimp tempura sushi were pretty good, not outstanding, but large. I'm certain that there are better sushi rolls on the menu, and lots that are more imaginative.

We will return to Cowfish, provided that it's not at the height of the lunch or dinner rush. Our experience was quite good.

Indian Trail, North Carolina
“YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went here on a Saturday evening for a night out w/ the husband. Expected a wait from the reviews on here and there definitely was one, over an hour and a half. We got lucky and grabbed 2 chairs at the bar and after about an hour decided just to eat there. Worked out great! Plenty of room and the bartenders are excellent. We both orderd a burger - mine w/ sweet potato fries and his w/ normal fries. Have to say, and we both said this - BEST BURGER EVER! I forgot the names but mine had cucumber and avacado among other things - his was ham and an egg, sauce...they were cooked perfect and HUGE. The sauce for the sweet potato fries was awesome..neither of us could finish our plates no matter how much we wanted to. Atmosphere was fun and it's a cool place to just hang out. We will definitely be back!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lunch after church”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food was good, Family said the burgers were delicious - Sushi was okay, I expected more because of all the hype.

Visited September 2012