“A home away from Home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmon, United States
“A home away from Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood suites a few weeks back. Great place, really nice room, friendly staff. It seems to be a well managed hotel. I was impressed at the complementary breakfast in the morning, and also a very good complementary dinner and happy hour in the evening (Manager's reception?). Did I mention free wifi also. For the price you just can't beat it. I have to give Kudos to Chef Matt. The Tilapia dinner was excellent, and it was free. I will definitely stay there again when I am in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and wanted to let you know that we do appreciate the support. I will certainly pass along your praise to Chef Matt and the Food & Beverage Team! We work very hard to meet or exceed your expectations and hope that you will choose to stay at our property your next time in Charlotte. Best,

David Cron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A very new and clean hotel with friendly and very helpful staff, which includes both complimentary breakfast and dinner, which is very convenient after a long day in the office. This is also in a easy access location to the freeway and airport and is in a town center where you can easily and safely walk to some very nice restaurants, shops and entertainment.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel and your most recent stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed our breakfast and dinner reception and the amenities that the town of Ayrsley offers. Thank you again for your feedback.

Lynchburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great Staff! knowledge of area!Location good, great places to eat within walking distance. If you want just to unwind and see a show, movie house in walking distance. Pool area clean and well kept. Access to major interstate very good. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts near, grocery nearby and just a few miles from Charlotte International Airport.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you, thank you for writing a review of your most recent stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is always our pleasure to give you our best when staying with us! On behalf of the Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley, we would like to welcome you back for any future travels that will bring you back to the Charlotte area as it would be our pleasure to host you again!

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a very new property, and the guest rooms reflect that fact as they are very clean and spacious. I was here for a business meeting, and it was perfect for someone without a car. There are several places to eat and drink within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing consistent superior service and ensuring that every guest stay is a pleasant one. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Charlotte!
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night in May 2013 while traveling through the area. The cost of the stay was covered through the use of HHonors points.

The property is situated in a mixed residential/commercial area south of downtown Charlotte. The immediate area has a few restaurants and cafes and appears to be very safe. Other eating establishments are available within a few miles.

The hotel appears to be fairly new and is most attractive. The exterior is well maintained, clean, neat and features more than adequate parking.

Upon my arrival I found check-in staff to be polite and efficient. The lobby area was clean, attractive and staff members were helpful. Elevator cabs were clean, neat and rarely was there a wait for service.

Interior hallways were clean, neat, well lit and and well maintained. The suite was found to be larger than that typically noted within the brand and well appointed. Bedding was of good quality and the spacious bath featured good amenities.

I took advantage of the breakfast buffet during my stay. I found it to be marginal. As compared to peer properties the selections were limited and it fell below expectations. This was in no way a "deal breaker" for my stay, simply an observation and comparison.

When my stay was complete check-out was quick and efficient. I was thanked for my business and invited back.

This is a solidly run property. Should the need arise, I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that our team took great care of you throughout your stay and that your room exceeded expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to provide some sound feedback after your recent visit. Our team takes great pride in providing consistently superior customer service and I will certainly share your review during our next meeting. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks,

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in town for a funeral and I am very glad I chose the Homewood. Not only was the hotel clean, welcoming,and beautiful, but the staff was also amazing. Traveling with small children (1yr olds), The two room suites were perfect for our needs. The pool area and lobby were immaculate and pleasant. Also, the dinner and breakfast were very convienent and tasted wonderful! The chefs were great, and the rest of the staff was more than accomodating. The GM was wonderful as well, making sure all our needs were met and ready to help with anything we needed. It was truely a relief to have such a capable and friendly staff to make things so easy for us during this busy and stressful visit. I would definitely stay again and will recommend the Homewood to anyone staying in the Charlotte area. :)

Room Tip: The two room suites were beautiful and very convienent as we were traveling with small children. We...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley. I am so glad that you were impressed with your accommodations and our staff. I am glad that you were also able to enjoy our amenities such as our complimentary breakfast buffet & our evening manager's reception. It really makes our team blush to hear words like “Immaculate”, “Wonderful”,& “Amazing”. Thanks again for the positive review and your kind words about our hotel and our staff.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in Charlotte for job orientation and spent 4 days at the Homewood Suites. Checked in late on Sunday and was greeted by friendly staff, who offered me late checkout for Thursday my departure date. Had a very nice king bed suite that was clean and comfortable and was well maintained every day by housekeeping. The breakfast served daily was always tasty and kitchen staff polite and friendly. The quaint surrounding area had restaurants, pubs and theatres all within walking distance and the neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. Overall the stay was great and I encountered no problems with any aspect of the hotel and will definitely stay there on my next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel and your most recent stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed our breakfast and the amenities that the town of Ayrsley offers. Thank you again for your feedback.