Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I can't say enough about this Hotel. Upon arrival I was greeted by Rori the Mananger who saw I had a big family so upgraded my room. She greeted us with a smile and explained all of the amenities. The General Manager then came out (cant remember his name...sorry) but he asked what we were going to be doing in the area and I happened to mention I wanted to take the Kids to Carowinds. He went to his office and came back with a discount ticket that wound up saving me like 60 bucks. Then I come to find out that they have free Breakfast and a complimetary dinner ...and it wasn't no frills. They gave my wife and I a free beer. My kids got chicken fingers, they had various breakfast foods eggs bacon sausage cereal. Chef Matt really likes his job and loves meeting new people. He gave my daughter a Toy lettuce which she still plays with. They hav bbqs set up outside for your use. The pool was clean clean clean, as well as the whole hotel. The room was spotless and always cleaned when we returned from the day. The hotel is convenient to Charlotte. There is a Walmart and Ihop 5 minutes away. I would Def stay here again no questions asked. The only negative for this hotel is the layout, but once figured out its not that bad.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the gym are closest to the pool, if you have kids.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sd102392

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just spent nine days at the Homewood Suites in Charlotte/Ayrsley with my wife and two daughters. We're in the process of moving to Charlotte and were in town looking at schools/houses. All I can say, is this place is a true home away from home. It starts with the staff. Extremely professional and pleasant. Everyone from the front desk staff to the folks working the kitchen for breakfast - and dinner - were wonderful - especially Matthew, the night time chef. The guy is always doing something, Cooking, cleaning, refilling drinks, helping people load and unload their cars, and telling witty stories. He does it all. He set the tone for a property that makes its guests feel like true guests. Most people are there for longer term stays. I feel bad for those of you that have to stay for months at a time because of work. But if you have to do it somewhere, this is the place. Rooms are new, clean and spacious. We were able to put our kids to bed and hang out in the other room. We thought we would utilize the full kitchen a little more, but with breakfast (everyday) and dinner (M-Th) served, we rarely used the kitchen. Pool and patio area are very nice as well. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
South Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this new hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Julie at the front desk is perfect for this job! It was cute in the morning because two very nice college-age guys were in charge of breakfast. They kept everything well stocked and fresh. We spent the day at the U.S Whitewater complex which was just 15 minutes away and had a great time with our 11, 13, and 17 year old children. Don't miss this attraction. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we are in the area. A+ for a great hotel. BTW, there is a Walmart, McDonalds, Panera Bread, Applebee's and several other restaurants just up the road.

Room Tip: I"d choose a room on an upper floor next we stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kathymomto3
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stop over at this location while traveling to OBX. Brand new facility and the location was near shops and restaurants nearby. You could even take in a movie at the cinema which within walking distance. If are a Wal-Mart lover it was in the area also. My favorite was Jack-In-The-Box which was located a mile away.Took me back to my childhood since I do not have a JITB in the ATL. The next morning, smelling an awesome GREAT breakfast downstairs. If you like outlet malls, the Concord Mills is located in Charlotte. Going back to visit the NASCAR museum come and join me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I'm confused at previous reviews stating that the beds were really comfortable. I'm guessing they have never experienced an Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn bed. The sheets were anything but soft. The pillows were extremely thick and firm, which was really uncomfortable on my neck. I honestly could not sleep either of the nights I stayed here and was all too eager to get out of bed in the morning. The hotel and the rooms were very nice looking, but the layout of the floors were not designed for guest convenience. I'm sure nothing can be done about the layout at this point, but please add a little comfort to the beds. You can buy sheets and pillows at hamptonhomecollection.com.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I recently stayed at this Homewood Suites to attend the Wells Fargo Championship. This is a fairly new hotel. Nice size suites. Convienent walk to several places to eat and drink. Really enjoyed the managers reception and being hosted by Chef Matt! He was really attentive to our group and made us all feel welcome. Nice, quiet, new area. I share the same comments about the elevator location. The size of the elevator is average for
Hilton properties but it's placed awkward. Will be back here soon! -Cheers

• Stayed April 2012
nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Clean, new, spacious, no complaints. You really can't beat this hotel in this area of Charlotte and I am extremely picky.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends