“Now I know what creole food is like”
Review of Bite Your Tongue - CLOSED

Bite Your Tongue
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Where should I start? Food was so well flavored I felt like I had left Charlotte. Everything was tasty but the greens had spices I had never had before and I am a serious soul food connoisseur. I went on a groupon which let me sample everything. Thank goodness for the groupon because it made me continue to search for the restaurant. It wAs very hidden even after i figured out you have to park in the garage I will gladly return and pay full price which is still a bargain.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

As other's have said the atmosphere is certainly not fine dining, but I found the food to be well worth the trip! We started off with the BBQ shrimp which were very good in a nice garlic broth served with toast points. I recommend them highly. I had the crawfish etouffe, which was really full of flavor. I am used to it having actual crawfish in the shell on top that you can pop open and eat, but the chunks in the etouffe were large and tasty! My friend had the shrimp po boy and enjoyed it very much. We split the beignets for dessert and they were light and crispy. The staff went out of their way to check on us and even refill our drinks for us even though they were busy. It's also a really good story about this family having to move after Katrina, etc.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Arriving at the restaurant be prepared for an untraditional seating process. When busy groups line up and are placed on a list to order food at the counter. Only after you reach the front of the line and order do you get to be seated at a table. In this way it is very cafe like.

If you are looking for the restaurant and can't find it, walk towards the light rail. It faces the Bland Street Lynx Station.

I had been wanting to try the restaurant after tasting their chili at the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery chili cook off (I think they placed at the event). The food was great. Quite enjoyed the Jambalaya. Was punched in the face by the garlic biscuit. Also had the four vegetable options. Yams had great flavor, Mac and cheese was decent, collard greens were nice and spicy, and the red beans were to die for.

I wouldn't describe it as traditional restaurant like. More like Jason's Deli.

With the counter the way it is and the arrangement of tables/soda machine I would say lacking in atmosphere.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

With a name like "Bite Your Tongue" and all of the positive reviews, I was really looking forward to this place! Maybe we went on an off day but I found the service and food to be really mediocre. They were also out of many of the items we wanted to try even though it was only 12:30 on a Saturday and the place was dead. Would try again though if the reviews stay positive, like I said, maybe it was an off day?

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend girl took me here today. This was my first time and it was delicious! The place is small, but quaint. The Voodoo Crawfish Egg Rolls are sort of greasy, but really good. Will be back soon!

1  Thank Serenity0910