“Meat and three + $$$ = The King's Kitchen...”
Review of The King's Kitchen

The King's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The King's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Based on reviews and the premiss of giving some of their proceeds to charities, I decided to give this a try. I wanted vegetables and after looking at the menu decided on the vegetable plate. The vegetables (collard greens, butter beans, green beans and cabbage) were really good and seasoned well. But, the veggie plate was $15... steep for what the actual cost was for the ingredients. I hope the charities do well, because there should be plenty to give them!!!

There are newer reviews for The King's Kitchen

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a great place with authentic, flavorful food. The menu has a limited number of items but the quality and taste compensated for the lack of choice. The ambiance was pleasant. The restaurant is slightly on the pricey side but it feels like money well-spent due to the fact that it is such a noble cause.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Kings kitchen gets amazing reviews so we were expecting exceptional food. The mission of the place is very noble. However, the experience was good but not great. For the appetizer we had the fried oysters which were ok. Thought their was a weird taste to them. I had the shrimp and grits which had a great sauce and well cooked shrimp. I would def reccomend that dish. My husband got the Ny strip which was solid but nothing special. Overall we would go back but do not think its one of the best restaurants in Charlotte. We think there are plenty of other places that are much better. Also when walking out we saw the sanitation review which was 94 which is low for a nice restaurant. I am glad I didn't see that when walking in.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stopped in for an early New Years Eve dinner before the Avett Brothers show, and it was easily the best meal I've had all year. Every dish our group had was simply amazing. Soul fold the way Grandma made it. Some of the best fried chicken I've ever had in a restaurant. And the staff was all so friendly and on point, even though it was quite busy. I will make a point to visit again each time I am in town!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Not so much a high end menu but if you love fried fish, great seasoned shrimp , fried chicken , braised green beans , delicious butter beans and molten lava cake then go.The concept of the restaurant has a story to tell as well with a local chef starting the restaurant in order to offer a place for people who are struggling with any number of issues to be able to learn the business and develop a skill they can use to get back on their feet whether it's in the kitchen or in the front-of-the-house as a server or hostess.Local support from dozens of businesses have helped to make this into a special place in the community.Our group of 7 all loved our meals and Jake our server.Great place to go for some southern comfort! Oh and try the pimento biscuits for the table.

1  Thank David A