“Fried Chicken! w/cabbage, collards, and lima... not really!?”
Review of The King's Kitchen

The King's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The King's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,570 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed April 8, 2013

yes really, liked the sides more than the good chicken. It's an interesting diverse menu. Server recommended signature chicken to help my dilemma. Friends corn bread was tasty yumm too.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a great place to try if you are ever in downtown Charlotte, NC. The staff were amazing, food was great, and to top it all off the restaurant donates 100% of profits from sales to feed the poor in Charlotte, the region, and the world. We had a meat and 3 side dinner for $14 each and were very happy with the portions, taste, and look of the food! Great job Kings Kitchen!!

1  Thank 204crystal
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just left here about an hour ago with my husband and 2 year old daughter and felt like I had to write a review. I was first turned off my the 94.5 sanitation score that matched the dirty floors upon entering the restaurant. The restaurant was full of several large parties with dirty dishes on tables and food all over the carpets. When pulling out our chairs to sit down, there were stains all over the cushions which didn't give me a great impression. The cheese plate was mediocre with bread that was said to be toasted but I think it was toasted days ago. My salmon was served raw and still flapping. I think it was cooked for literally a minute before plated. I have had sushi that was cooked more. Instead of cooking a new piece that would of taken just as long, I was served the same piece but in small chunks. It was so disgusting that I couldn't eat it. My husbands hangar steak had so much grissil, he kept having to spit out pieces that he couldn't chew. My daughters chicken leg was average tasting with barely any meat but served with a huge side of cold fries. We have never left so turned off like this in a long time. As we were paying the check, I overheard the table seated next to us talk about how gross the stained chairs and carpet was. I don't think we were the only ones left with a bad taste in our mouth. So sad considering the great concept but will never return again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This restaurant is fantastic! The food is authentic, delicious and good value. The service is excellent.
Would recommend this as a fantastic dinner venue in Charlotte.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place had some amazing food. My friend and I both got the fried chicken with 2 veggies and it was the best fried chicken I've ever had. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the service was great.

Been to The King's Kitchen? Share your experiences!