“Good food but questionable atmosphere”
Review of The King's Kitchen

The King's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The King's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food and service was wonderful but the restroom and the restaurant floor was a little dirty. I ordered the fried chicken and my husband had the ribs. Our friends ordered a vegetable plate and the fried chicken. All the food was soul food delicious, but I'm not sure I'd go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

this is a meat and three at its best, sort of expensive for a meat and three
BUT it is all quality southern cooking, pan fried chicken excellent and their side are really good
location make parking a problem, plan on walking a couple blocks
the service was excellent
first time eating here, a friend took me and I will return
It was like eating Thanksgiving dinner or that special Sunday lunch

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Southern style cooking, all fresh but a little on the salty side for me. They bake their bread locally. The ambiance is fabulous. Sitting out doors was delightful and the service was very pleasant. It is a not-for-profit restaurant which feeds the homeless with unsold food at the end of the night and makes it their policy to employ those that other places might not hire (recovering addicts, ex-prisoners,etc.). I shall return; but will ask them to go easy on the salt :)

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We got off the free Red Line Trolley in downtown Charlotte at high noon and enjoyed our first, but hopefully not our last, meal at the King's Kitchen. Our server, Stuart, was very friendly and very busy with lots of customers at this crowded and somewhat noisy restaurant. It took a while for the kitchen to prepare our turkey BLT's, but they were sure worth the wait. In the meanwhile, Stuart kept our cups filled with some of the best coffee weve ever had. In addition to our tip, we chose to give an extra donation to help feed the hungry. We hope you will too, when you go there.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

It is not obvious when you visit The Kings Kitchen as they dont shout about it, but it is operated as a not for profit organisation, with all profits going towards feeding and educating the homeless. That said, it isnt the usualy charity run cafe you would exspect, it is a modern and sleek restaurant with excellent bar staff, delicious wine and great food.

I would definately reccommend visiting if you are in Charlotte - you can eat yourself silly and leave feeling like you've done something good with your money and time!