“Brilliant concept; lovely meal! I will go back every time I am in Charlotte.”
Review of The King's Kitchen

The King's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The King's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I dined here while in town for business and was intrigued by the concept. Upon entering the front door, I was pleasantly surprised (not sure what I had expected) at the very modern decor and sleek bar area. It was very full ion a Wednesday, we were strongly encouraged to get reservations, which we did. The food was fantastic and out server openly shared her own story which made the meal memorable, and sent us home with thoughts of how we could help others in need on a regular basis with small, repeated gestures.

I plan to go there every month when in Charlotte for business; if I have to go out, I may help those less fortunately than me while enjoying an incredible meal.

Truly, truly a feel good place in every, every respect.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

This was my first taste of real southern food and it was fantastic. The banana pudding was awesome and the chicken was excellent, lightly fried and juicy. I will be back again, no question

Reviewed August 11, 2011

King's Kitchen has delicious Southern food, while donating profits to the poor and employing folks needing a chance. Dishes like fried chicken and pot roast are offered as well as regional dishes like shrimp and grits. Still, it has an almost elegant atmosphere and refined flair to the down-home type food. I think it's great that much of the staff have a story of why they needed a new beginning, though you'ld never know it unless you really want to engage them in conversation. They are polite and prompt. Come hungry and look for regional food.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The restaurant is a not-for-profit that donates profits to help the needy in the area. While that is a draw, the food is also quite good. Everything is fresh and much of the ingredients are locally-sourced. We loved the deviled eggs, fried chicken, red peas, etc. The portions were a little over-whelming. In any event, the servers knew the menu and were helpful.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The concept of Kings Kitchen is a refreshing twist on soul food, not to mention the good that the restuarant is doing for the Charlotte community. The owners give back profits to better the community and emply those who need rehabilitation. Fresh ingredients, healthy take on otherwise calorie heavy, dense soul food. Excellent restaurant with a great lunch crowd. The design of the dining area is open and airy.