“Good food, reasonable prices”

Deejai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #348 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fenton Pl & Providence Rd
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I visited Deejai Thai, a neighborhood restaurant, for the first time last weekend. Although we went fairly early on a Saturday night, the place was almost full (they don't take reservations on the weekends except for large parties). The space is small and quite noisey, and the decor only so, so. However, the service was good and our food was tasty. I started with a small bowl of Tom Kha soup, with chicken pieces in it. $4.99. It was very good, mildly spicey. My only complaint was the chicken was tough - overcooked.

For our main courses my wife had the Green Curry Scallop dish (one star hot), for $15.99, and I had the Yellow Curry Shrimp (three stars hot) for $13.99. Both of our meals had great taste, and my wife said her scallops were cooked just right, but again my "meat" - the shrimp - were tough, overcooked. Also, if you like really, really hot spice, go for the four or five star option. The three star dose ("hot") that I ordered was just right for me.

I'd like to go back some time.

• Visited July 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fabulous Thai Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I think Deejai Thai has the best Thai food in all of Charlotte. It's not a very big restaurant, so make a reservation if you plan to go on the weekend. Definitely try the Shrimp Pad Thai - it's my favorite. In addition to Thai food they also have a very good sushi bar.

Visited February 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Just okay....”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I love Thai food. Well I better I'm half Thai and guess what I've actually been to Thailand. The food was okay but nothing to call Mom about. I do live over 20 miles away (one way-I say that but I just wrote another review for another restaurant I just tried about the same distance away and I'd go there at least every other weekend it'd be worth it.). Far as Deejai goes I won't be back. There's MUCH better Thai restaurants closer to me. Sooooo. That being said, be careful when you order your spicy level. I was with a group of friends and the one had ordered a 5 before and it was way too much so he knocked it down to a 4 this time. Nothing. I had a 2 because he scared me and I tasted NOTHING!

Like I said in the beginning I'm Thai and with that being said I know why they serve sushi but come on...really. You might as well add a basket of bread to every table.

Too each their own. :)

• Visited February 2012
“Intimate atmosphere - excellent food”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times and will keep coming back. Service is good, atmosphere is intimate, prices are reasonable, and the food is excellent. It seems to be a great choice every time we visit.

• Visited February 2012
United States
“Terrible food”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

we had a terrible experience here last night. The sate was not great, the basil rolls tasted like they had been sitting in a fridge for a week, the eggplant was so sweet that it was almost inedible, and the panang curry was tasteless with almost no meat. It was a very expensive terrible meal. There's much better Thai to be had in Charlotte.