“First Visit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scott Ave
Description: We define Fresh - 131 MAIN offers fresh food and an inviting setting to meet friends, family and business associates. Join us for lunch or dinner and enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and unique offerings. Stop by today to discover a new favorite!
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I made reservations for my wife an I for our 10 year anniversary It happened to be the same week as restaurant week, I made the reservations through open table. This was our first visit to 131 main. We got there about 20 minutes early and opted to sit at the bar lucky for us a seat was open. The bar tender was great I believe his name was Rob, he was very informative about the different types of beers and wines and was quick to serve and very friendly. We got seated right on time, the atmosphere was very cozy an relaxed our table was a two seat tabled about in the middle of the restaurant. When we sat down my wife and I had commented on how it was a great spot to sit. The first waitress came and got our drink orders which came out quick. Then a good bit of time passed until a second waitress (which would be with use the rest of our stay) finally came to take our order and the rest of the evenings service was rather slow from then on. For appetizers my wife got he deviled eggs and I got the corn bread. The corn bread was very good and my wife enjoyed the eggs. For dinner she got the salmon and I got a Cajun pasta with chicken. Both meals where very good then for desert we got the Brownie à la Mode which is just a brownie with ice cream and it was perfect. We would definitely go back again, despite the slow service. One thing to note if its going to be you first time visiting the dilworth location use the valet parking which the restaurant validates just ask your waitress or waiter. We didn't know about that option and tried to self park which you will not have much luck doing.

1  Thank Jeff S

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We ate here because they had outside dining and so glad we did! Complimentary valet parking was very convenient. The atmosphere is cozy and warm, dimly lit. They have a very nice (and large) bar in the middle of the restaurant. We opted to dine on the patio. There is a small fire pit in one corner. Service was very attentive. The food...delish! We had striped bass and cedar planked salmon, both served with their "special" rice dish. It was all perfectly cooked and very good! Would love to eat here again and try other things!

1  Thank bgood58
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Personable trained service staff, tasty menu, very nice presentation,... don't be in a hurry. also nice for a romantic afternoon delight

1  Thank Rudy H
Reviewed February 21, 2013

131 Main's version of a French Dip is listed on the menu as the Awesome Roast Beef Sandwich and it lives up to its name. For $16 it better! The pink roast beef comes on good bread that holds up well when it's dunked in the au jus. It normally comes with mayo but I am a purist and get it without. Shoestring fries come on the side but can be swapped for a veg of the day or other side. If you get the fries, skip the ketchup and ask for garlic dressing instead. A waiter suggested this a long time ago and he was soooo right.

For dessert, the brownie a la mode ($8) is perfection. The soft brownie is topped with an assortment of nuts (something I usually don't like) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzles of milk chocolate, dark chocolate and caramel syrups. Very tasty!

1  Thank JourneysByJill
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Took my sweetheart out for valentines day celebration. Couldn't have been better! Thank you open table for the reminder in advance! I usually wait too late and can't get a good time for any special occasion. Very pleased!

1  Thank Don P