“Casual dining and a great bar area”

Vida Mexican Kitchen y Cantina
Ranked #233 of 2,386 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Street
Transit: We are on the light rail line at the Bobcats Arena/EpiCentre stop.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Casual dining and a great bar area”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good for just a drink or for a substantial meal. Chips and salsa are complimentary and the salsa is particularly good. Mexican beer (limited draft) but huge range of tequila. The twice cooked pork was wonderful.

Monroe, Louisiana
“Viva a la Vida”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very good! Very fresh. Not your average tex-mex! Decor is upscale and waiter was very attentive! Had the shrimp tacos and fish tacos....both were fresh and very good.

Clover, South Carolina
“Great location. Decent food. Small bug problem”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'll start with the positive. Great location right in the middle of uptown Charlotte! Located on the second floor, you can look out and see the cars and people pass by as you eat.
If you're looking for 100% authentic Mexican food, this is not the place. Now don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the food and it had some things that you could have easily found in Mexico, but other items seemed like a chef just had to put his/her input into the dish. One example is shrimp and crab meat enchiladthias. It was good, but not really a staple you would find in Mexico.

We sat out on the patio and there seemed to be a problem with Palmetto bugs, otherwise known as large cockroaches. In the time we were there, I saw 2 crawling on the wall right next to us. A few minutes later, a man a few tables down suddenly jumped up and started doing the "I have a big bug on me dance." The bug flew off him, landed on another table, scurry off, and started heading my direction before a waiter squashed it. A little while later, I saw 2 other roaches scurrying along the walkway in different directions.
I've eaten at many restaurant patios and never experience the bugs I saw this night. While the food was good, the bugs will probably keep me from coming back.

• Visited July 2013
“Only had drinks”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Atmosphere was nice, we only had drinks on a Friday nite. Two of their specialty margaritas wasn't as strong as we had hoped, but they did taste good. Probably would go back to give the food a try. Patio was pretty crowded, so that was a nice touch.

Lexington, Kentucky
“A great meal--”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Vida is a fantastic Mexican restaurant. We started out with a guacamole trio, which definitely was some of the best guacamole we have ever eaten. We then moved on to roasted chicken and corn enchiladas and steak and shrimp fajitas. Every bite was eaten! Our server Will was great and provided outstanding service. We will definitely stop by Vida again the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Visited June 2013