“Generic, Cookie Cutter, Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aria Tuscan Grille

Aria Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Aria Tuscan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,352 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College and Trade Streets
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Generic, Cookie Cutter, Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I consider myself to be a foodie, and trying new restaurants in new cities is my all time favorite thing to do. On this trip to Charlotte, I chose Aria. I called ahead to get information, only to find out that the person whom I talked to was giving me misinformation. Strike 1.
I arrived around 1pm for lunch and waited several minutes before anyone spoke to me. I noticed a manager sitting at the bar with other staff and they did not bother to ackowledge me as I stood there. Talk about engaging...RIGHT? I was sat at the bar where the manager was still sitting, and waited once again to be ackowledged. The restaurant was slow and there was only 1 other person sitting at the bar. Once I was ackowledge, the bartender was great! I really liked the staff who served me. On the other hand, a brief conversation with the manager explained the restaurants lack of polish and sterile atmosphere..
I ordered an "express lunch". I thought the concept, price, and presentation was really good, however, the low price reflected low quality. The ceasar dressing tasted bottled, the carbonara was ok, but wasn't traditional with peas, and the cheesecake was a sliver fresh out of a box, with a squirt bottle of strawberry syrup splattered on top. WHATEVER!
Around 1:45 I had finished, and sat to observe. Guests were leaving and no one was speaking to them as they left. No..."Thank You Come Back", "We Appreciate Your Business", or "Have a Great Day"!
I guess they were too cheap or too stupid to keep a hostess on the door for another 15-30 minutes...and why couldn't the manager break himself away from his lunch to speak with the guests? I don't get it or maybe it's Aria that doesn't get it! There are too many great restaurants in Charlotte...don't go here. Whatever formula they are using to manage their restaurant, it isn't working and I predict it will be closed within 2 years.

• Visited November 2012

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had dinner here Saturday night to celebrate our birthdays and really enjoyed the food and experience. We splurged on dessert and drinks, since it was a special occasion. The Mojito Italiano was our favorite, but the Aria Bellini was also good. We split the Pear and Goat Cheese Salad, and then had the Butternut Squash Ravioli (prepared vegetarian, per request) and the Scallop Risotto. We also got the Nutella Bread Pudding, which was delicious.

Our server, Chad, was very attentive and personable. The ambiance was great, with fun details like the retro/industrial hanging lights. The only negative aspect, which almost soiled the entire experience for us since it was our first impression, was the hostess. She was brusque and somewhat condescending that we hadn't made reservations; we arrived a little after 5:30p, though, and there was hardly anyone there. Luckily, Chad and the food redeemed our experience.

• Visited October 2012
Emerson, New Jersey
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went as a couple of four, prices were average maybe a little above 50pp. The food was great, my wife is still talking about the pasta. Great atmosphere with open kitchen and live music that wasn't to loud like some places can get. I would go back.

Visited October 2012
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Excellent Uptown Location and Beautiful Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love this place. It is in the center of Uptown, near everything and very convenient to the EpiCentre and the Bus Station.

The best time to come here is lunch. They have a great business menu and the pricing is extremely reasonable for the quality of food. A complete lunch will run you about $10@. A bargain if you ask me. I have also dined at the bar in the evening hours and they offer a wonderful list of appetizers at very reasonable prices. You can make a great meal by sharing appetizers.

If you wish to dine in, their menu is comprehensive and reasonable by city standards. I prefer the bar because the service is fast, attentive, personable and professional. The pasta dishes are to die for.

The ambience and decor is very trendy and casually upscale. Lots of glass and superb lighting.

Of course, I will be back.......

• Visited June 2012
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Charlotte boasts many outstanding restaurants. Unfortunately, this was not one of them! The setting was chic and the service supreme. The food, however, was average. Next visit I will definitely explore another eatery.

• Visited September 2012