“Unusually Fine Food for a College Bar "Restaurant"”
Review of Bad Dog Burgers & Brew - CLOSED

Bad Dog Burgers & Brew
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: University City North
Neighborhood: University City North
Darlington, South Carolina
“Unusually Fine Food for a College Bar "Restaurant"”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a wide variety of interesting burgers from cows that were actually grass fed! Check out the web site for a very appealing and unusually interesting array of items that are rarely found in a college bar atmosphere. Although there is definitely a sizeable bar, most of the space houses many tables for the hungry crowd.The outside deck is very roomy and faces a pond that is very family friendly. Smoking is also allowed on this outdoor deck, which my wife will definitely take advantage of when I return in the near future. By the way, the staff were quick to wait on us, and were among the friendliest we have encountered in some time.

• Visited May 2013

Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Typical Bar”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

For a college area, this is your typical bar. The music selection was good and the outside lounge overlook the lake. It gets very crowded at night and smokey.

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasty Burger, Bar Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We ate some burgers at Bad Dog Burgers this week and were pleasantly surprised. It's definitely more of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant. We were slightly uncomfortable bringing our kids in because it was pretty loud and a very young crowd. There is outside seating to escape the noise. Our service was excellent. Everyone was very polite and quick. The burgers were great and the fries and sweet potato fries were very good. My wife had a turkey and avacado burger that was very unique and very tasty. We were pleasantly surprised to find out it was 1/2 price burgers and dollar domestics on Sunday evening, so it was very reasonably priced. We will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
Summerville, SC
“Surprise yourself”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While driving around the university area, I happened on to this place. Glad I did. Very big bar next to the "boardwalk" in Charlotte. I sat down and was immediately served by the asst. manager. He said they were busy with a big group, but wanted to at least see what my beer choice was. No drafts, but plenty of choices in bottles. I then ordered a blackened shrimp wrap and fried pickles. The bar tender said it might take a few minutes, but he would bring it to me on the porch when it was ready. The bar sits right next to a man made pond with ducks and other waterfowl in abundance. Families feeding the birds with little vending machines along the shoreline. Very nice, quiet, and friendly. The sandwich (a wrap) was well prepared and tasty. THe shrimp were not overcooked. I shared my fried pickles with a pair of locals next to me and we struck up a conversation. About 90 minutes later, I left and was full, satisfied, and pleased with the overall experience. I will definitely go back next time I am in Charlotte!

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great burger in an awesome location”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm surprised that the rating for this place was so low because we loved it and I consider myself to be a pretty picky foody! I had bought a groupon for her because we were going to be in the Charlotte area and staying nearby. First of all if you want a nicely decorated restaurant this place is not for you, but if you want a great burger I recommend you try it. I had the Dirty Southern and my finance had the Doghouse, we shared an order of fried pickle chips. My daughter had a cheeseburger and fries from the kids menu. We all loved everything! The s ervice was good, I think that they need a larger staff but our waiter/bartender made sure that we had everything we needed and felt comfortable. This place is on the lake which was nice to walk around to burn off the burgers :-) We will definitely be returning next time we are in that area. As for the prices, with our food, three sodas and two beers it was $37 with tax which I didn't think was bad at all.

• Visited March 2013