“Great unique fare in a hip place”
Review of Soul Gastrolounge

Soul Gastrolounge
Ranked #41 of 2,376 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great unique fare in a hip place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The food here is great! Unique and yummy dishes! Pork belly taco and watermelon is my favorite! Dishes are tapas style so you can order and hang out for the evening without feeling rushed to leave. The place is warm and inviting. The cucumber water is very refreshing!

Hint: this place is always hopping so go early, go late but don't go in a hurry. --- it's worth the wait!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Wish I could have tried the food”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We arrived @ 5:30 with a party of 6 on a Sat. Night. We were told there would be about a 45 min wait for a table. After waiting over 2 hours and seeing people seated who had come in after we did seated in the only 3 booths in the place, we were told this was a common occurrence on the weekend by the very rude bartender. When we complained, the seating boy told us we didn't come fast enough when the table opened. I guess we weren't hipster enough to rate a table.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Did I just die and go to Heaven???”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Oh my goodness.. I thought I had written about this place after I woke back up from my amazing food mania that I had there. I loved the idea of tapas, because it was small samples of anything you wanted to try, so I could cram several of those plates in my face hole. We tried so many things, I can't even tell you how many plates we had in front of us. EVERYTHING was delicious and had flavor like I'd never tried.

The atmosphere was laid back, and everyone in there was friendly. It was artsy and mood lit inside and active and bright outside. Soul is like a hidden gem, that you don't know about until someone tells you how amazing it is. It's like being part of the fight club, except you're allowed to talk about it, and nobody fights.. err something... yeah.

Seriously I don't think you can go wrong with this place. There is nothing bad on the menu. At ALL. If I make it back down to Charlotte, I will have to head back into Soul for a quick bite. You Charlotte peeps are soooo lucky, with all that tasty food!!! :)

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Creative dishes and cocktails for every palate”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Whether you go with classic dishes and drinks or opt for some of the off-the-beaten-path options served up at Soul Gastrolounge, you can't go wrong. This is an outstanding restaurant with tremendously creative (and constantly changing) dishes, superb bartenders, and an ambience that you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else in Charlotte.

Visited January 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“An unusual tapas gem”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Unusual stages served tapas style. We love the hummus trio, Korean wings (hot n spicy) , beef slider trio, , fish tacos, and fried brussel sprouts. This is the kind of place where you eat slowly while sipping good wine or a beer. Can be a little noisy.

• Visited November 2013