“Great food in a cool setting”
Review of Soul Gastrolounge

Soul Gastrolounge
Ranked #79 of 2,468 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a great place for dinner with friends. The menu had lots of choices from sushi (which was very fresh) to tapas to entrees. All of the food was delicious and the prices weren't too bad either considering the cool decor. My only complaint was the parking. There are lots of restaurants and bars in the area and not much parking. They also don't take reservations so if you're going on a Friday or Saturday night, I'd recommend showing up early (like 6:30) so your wait is only an hour. They also had a cool patio upstairs which will be great in the summer.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Soul was recommended by friends from Charlotte and it did not disappoint! After another restaraunt closely botched our reservation, we came to Soul and were seated immediately despite how crowded it was. The service was nicely done from start to finish. Some highlights on the menu: pork belly tacos (maybe one of the most unique bites that I've ever had), the tuna tacos, the dirty south nachos (very unique concept and well executed), lamb lollipop, flatbread, and the replay roll. Everything was fresh and delicious. I also tried the ramen, which was a special, and it was good, but not as tasteful as the other dishes that our group ordered. I'm looking forward to coming back to Soul the next time I'm in Charlotte. The cucumber in the water was a nice touch!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went on Sunday for Brunch, and I couldn't find anything that would pass as "soul" food. I think that the name is a bit of a misnomer. The food was just average, and the atmosphere didn't make me want to spend a whole lot of time there. My friends and I ate and paid as fast as we could so that we could get out of there and have a conversation. The restaurant was too loud, but I will say the music was great. This place is better suited for a night on the town, not a Sunday brunch. It seems like the food is ancillary to the rest of the establishment. Looking hip, and having a great bar take priority over the quality of the food.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

1st time visitor...loved it!! We visited for brunch on a Sunday afternoon. We sat at the bar so there was no wait time. I ordered the Scrambled Egg Pierogies which were out of this world delicious!!! My friend had the Wild Mushrooms on Toast which was also very tasty! If you like a mimosa with a sweeter taste then stay away from these. They were good, just not very sweet. My only complaint would be that we waited for over 45 minutes for our food, it was after church, but we still noticed others that arrived after us eating. But it was well worth the wait and will definitely visit again when in the area!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great food served with verve .Interesting combinations that titilate the palate.The atmosphere is buzzing and very comfortable.. Service can be a bit hit and miss..redeption a bit variable, but the whole experience very good.