“Outstanding.”

Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this establishment a couple of weeks ago 28 - 30 th May 2014. We only got to stay two nights but it was fabulous. My husband and I were in Charlotte as part of a three week sort of tour of the USA from England, from Philadelphia to San Francisco and back with Charlotte kind of inbetween as we were taking in a couple of concerts, one of which was in New Orleans and the second was in Charlotte. The staff could not do enough for my husband and I. The room we got allocated was clean and comfortable and was fully equip with a kitchenette which included a dishwasher and a microwave as well as a good sized fridge/freezer. The bed was very comfortable. Their is a small pool on the seventh floor which is on a neat and clean little terrace. It does not get the sun all day except in one corner so you can be comfortable in the shade when you need to be. It is right next to the bus station so it's relatively easy to get around if you don't have access to a car.

Linda on reception was lovely and got us booked in and checked out really quickly and was very professional and courteous. Well done to all staff.

1 Thank alysoncarrie
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, I really hope you enjoyed your concerts and your visit to the States!
Thank you also for recognizing Linda, she is a great asset to our hotel.
Please come and see us again if you make your way back to the US!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt House while traveling to Charlotte for a family wedding. It was PERFECT for the long weekend. Here's why:

Location: In the heart of uptown, close to everything. We walked to the epicenter (restaurants, entertainment, shops) often, as well as the rest of the uptown area.

Food: Breakfast is included in your hotel price, and it is by far the BEST complimentary breakfast I have had. Made-to-order omlets, scrambled eggs, pancackes, sausage and bacon, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Also, the hotel has a nice bar in the evenings and a small grocery store for snacks.

Rooms: Large, clean. We stayed in a deluxe king, which I would highly recommend. We had a refrigerator, kitchen area, couch, large bathroom. Plenty of room for everyone.

Vale: Amazing price for all you get!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Allie O
We are so glad we could be a part of your family's celebration. Thank you for your kind review, we hope you come back to see us again!
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nice hotel, arrived here after a transatlantic flight and was very tired. Was given a room next to a LOUD wedding party! When I called reception they moved me straight away to a better and quieter room- good service.
Rooms are big and very clean, good breakfast service too.
Sports bar is attached to the hotel which serves a good range of drinks, and you can walk to the centre of town in a few minutes.
All in all very please and would use this hotel again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I am sorry you had that problem when you got to your room. I am glad we were able to relocate you to another room so you could enjoy your stay.
Please keep us in mind the next time you are in town!
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel was nice and staff was welcoming. There was construction going on downtown so the GPS had a hard time finding the hotel with all the detours. Breakfast was good. Very crowded the day I was there so some issues with running out of food and plates. I did not like the proximity to the greyhound bus line. I personally did not feel safe walking past there at night as a woman traveling with her young son.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tigr333
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, please come back and see us again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in downtown Charlotte. Because it was our anniversary the Hyatt House was kind enough to provide us with a corner room over looking the city on the 16th floor. The room was BEAUTIFUL! Very clean, modern and spacious. We wer close enough to restaurants, public transportation and pretty much anything we need. We were surprised that we had to pay to park, I guess I missed that when I did my research. Having said that we would definitely stay again. They had an amazing breakfast every morning and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Every time we ran across a staff member, in the hall or on an elevator they spoke to us and were extremely pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for something at a reasonable price, in the heart of the city and want the feel of a first class hotel experience.

Room Tip: If booking with a 3rd party (Hotels.com, etc.) service, indicate in the comments/notes section any s...
1 Thank Debbie P
Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for choosing us for your trip! We hope you come back again soon.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel definitely met my expectations as a solid 4-star. The only reason I am not giving it a 5-star review, is they do not go above and beyond in terms of service, as I feel a 5-star hotel should...but there is nothing wrong with this. The decor is very modern. The rooms feel like a studio apartment with excellent views. It feels like you are living as a young professional does in uptown. Rooms have kitchens, sofa beds, etc. Being a young adult, I loved the feel of this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, and I do apologize that we were not able to go above an beyond for your stay. We definitely strive to make all of our guests experiences with us special and memorable, and it appears we fell a little short with yours. Please consider coming back to see us again, and we will show you that we can go above and beyond for you!
Brandon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I recently spent most of one day and one night in Charlotte to see the Nascar Hall of Fame. I chose the Hyatt based on other Trip Advisor reviews and location. This hotel was the most comfortable of all we stayed in on a 13-day vacation! Location was just a few blocks from the Hall of Fame, and our studio suite room was so comfortable. Details for the studio suite can be found on the Hyatt web site and I am attaching photos, so I will just emphasize the comfort and attention to detail from the staff at this facility is way above average. We were on the 11th floor, so there was no problem with city noise. The buffet breakfast was outstanding -- from the omelets made-to-order to more selections than you could possibly want. And yes, the coffee was great!

My husband and I walked a few blocks in misting rain to eat supper at the Black Finn in the Epic Center. The walk was easy, even for senior citizens, and complete safe which is not always the case in an inner-city area. The hotel recommended this restaurant and gave us a 15% coupon to use. Our dinner was very good.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor which provided a great view of the city.
1 Thank MSSrcitizen
We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Charlotte! Please keep us in mind if you are ever coming back.