“Terrific location. Perfect for business travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Charlotte Center City

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
NC
“Terrific location. Perfect for business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. It is located just steps away from the Time Warner Cable Arena. I was able to purchase inexpensive tickets to a Bobcats game and spent my evening eating dinner watching a great game. I was traveling alone, but felt very comfortable walking to the arena by myself. The hotel has everything a business traveler needs, including a fabulous breakfast.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and you got to see the Bobcats while they are on their playoff run!
Thank you so much for your kind review, please come back an see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

A new hotel in Charlotte, good walking access for center city. Impressed by the friendly, helpful front desk with a block of 20 rooms, got fast help to arrange taxis for travel, and good suggestions for local resources. Enjoyed the 1-bedroom suite, small bedroom/bathroom but spacious living area with full kitchen, great windows and lots of light made it wonderful for business travel. No noise from hallway, heavy door, and quiet walls allowed restful sleep. Nice large standing shower in the bathroom, I'm a big fan of the shaving mirror and sink space.

Breakfast in the morning had a decent spread, fresh omelette station and nice coffee & tea. Would absolutely stay here again! A welcome change from the old massive indoor atrium concept Hyatt hotels. Nice job, Hyatt!

Room Tip: Corner suites have huge windows in both bedroom and living room and great light exposure.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for bringing your group to our hotel! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Raleigh Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at The Fillmore. The location is perfect for events at the Time Warner Cable Pavilion - it is actually 'attached' to the arena. It's also a great location for events downtown/center city. The hotel seems recently refurbished and the rooms are comfortable and clean but nothing special. The service is great - we arrived late night and everyone was very helpful. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and it's a full, hot breakfast. We will stay here again if we come back to Charlotte for events.

Room Tip: Higher floors for quieter rooms and better views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Momma2LBP
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope you do come back for your next event here in Charlotte!
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in town for a concert and chose this hotel due to the proximity of the concert venue. I was completely satisfied with the hotel. It was clean, the staff was more than pleasant, and the food at breakfast was more than expected. I would be glad to return to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timmosams
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back for the next concert, or any other time you are in Charlotte!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I visited the Hyatt House during CIAA 2014 week, doing media coverage. I stayed 6 nights and 7 days in their deluxe king suite , so I really got a glimpse of their overall services. First, their hotel is very nice. I traveled with my husband and 2 toddlers so although the hotel is not the most "family friendly" atmosphere, it certainly came with the amenities needed to make my family comfortable. The decor is very sleek and modern and carries a trendy and upscale theme throughout the entire property. Our suite, as I stated earlier, came with several amenities a family of my size needed for such a long visit: a full kitchen complete with a cooktop stove, microwave, full refrigerator and plenty of dishes and flatware. I personally appreciated the granite countertops and, being almost 9 months pregnant, the extremely comfortable king size bed. Let's talk about the staff: Housekeeping is great. They were very helpful yet not pushy. The valet staff probably left the biggest impression on me. What a team! They were a group of very courteous, polite young men who treat the guests first class. I must give an honorable mention to Michael, who went above and beyond for me. During my first days there, I noticed that he was very polite which made me determined to visit an ATM and grab cash to tip him. But later on in the week I had taken my toddlers out for a trip to Target. When I returned I had only a few heavy bags and asked Michael to grab a luggage cart so I could use it to take my grocery bags to my room, again because I'm so far along in pregnancy. When Michael saw that all I had was a few bags, he ditched the cart and said he'd bring them in for me. Although I was appreciative, I assumed that he'd help me to the lobby and I was on my own from there seeing as how they were slammed with CIAA traffic outside. But I was wrong, Michael escorted me all the way up to the 16th floor and helped me to my room with my children and bags. That type of help goes beyond "good customer service", he was My angel that day (hmmm, no wonder his name is Michael. Look at God!!) After that, I made it my business to generously tip him and right this review. I certainly hope that the General Manager takes good care of employees like Michael, the valet and the housekeeping staff at the Hyatt House. (The Front Desk staff could use a little coaching though). All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise during busy events uptown.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear that Michael took such good care of you while you are here. Please feel free to contact us, I would love to discuss some of the issues you had with our front desk so we can make sure they are offering the same level of service you got from valet and housekeeping.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The staff in the hotel is very friendly. Ordered room service at 0200 and it was delivered promptly and was delicious. The breakfast in the mornings was excellent and included an omelet station. Location was perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, and taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you come back soon to enjoy our hotel all over again!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. It is very clean, modern, upscale, and the staff is very friendly. The staff ask at every opportunity if there is anything they can do, or how your stay is. It is right next door to Time Warner Cable arena, a great place for sporting events. It's only a 3 block walk to downtown Charlotte, and one block to the Charlotte bus terminal. This is a great place to stay for whatever you have to do in Charlotte.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review, it is always good hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back and see us again real soon!