“Great hotel”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is my husband and I's go-to hotel any time we travel to Charlotte for a getaway. Each time we come to Charlotte we discuss the option of trying a new hotel, and we just can't find anything better than the Hyatt House!

The location is excellent, right beside the TWC arena, 1 block from the Epicentre and great nightlife, and within walking distance to many other popular areas in Charlotte. The valet parking package with in and out privileges also allows for extensive traveling around the city!

Amenities: The hotel's breakfast (included in your stay) comes with numerous hot breakfast options, cereal, juice, and an omelet station. It is delicious!! It can be crowded, so allow a little bit of time to enjoy. The roof-top pool is a neat addition to the hotel, and I believe that it is heated in the winter (like a hot tub). We did not get the chance to try it out during our last stay, but enjoyed it during the summer.

Rooms: All rooms are suites and are in brand-new condition with modern decor and an amazing bed! We have tried both the King and King 1 bedroom suite. They are both very large, with sitting areas, kitchens, and full-size refrigerators. The King Suite is all in one room (w/ no division) but still feels extremely large. This room was perfect for our weekend! There is one TV in the room that sits in the middle and can be viewed comfortably from anywhere in the room. We stayed in the 1Bdr suite on our last trip bc the King Suites were booked. This reservation cost a bit more, but the room was much bigger, included a sleeper sofa, a separate bedroom with closing doors, 2 TVs and all other amenities the other suites offer. For just the two of us, the King Suite itself was perfect, but for a party of 2 or more or for an extended stay, I would recommend the 1 bedroom!

Our Recommendations in the area:
- Check out 5 Church (restaurant) for a spectacular and romantic dinner at one of Charlotte's newest restaurants. It is on 5th and Church and is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
- The Cigar Lounge at the Marriott is a neat scene with a fun alternative to other nightlife activities.
- Suite and Bubble at the Epicentre are great places to go if you're a late-nighter.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to Charlotte for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the most windows. Higher rooms are a bit quieter due to the outside construction o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SMH448
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your descriptive review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are proud to be your go to hotel, come back and see us again soon!
Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We arrived at the Hyatt just after 11:00 pm after a bad travel day, with hopes of room service and a comfy room, only to realize that this Hyatt is not a full service hotel. No bell person, bar already closed, no room service, only a snack bar. I booked this hotel because of rave reviews on Trip Advisor, and was so disappointed. Having said that, if you are not needing full service, the hotel is very nice (though not the nicest location in a construction zone on the edge of Uptown Charlotte), the lobby and outdoor pool area are very nice, the room was comfy, clean, and has a small kitchen, the hot breakfast was nice, the workout room was decent. If you are traveling with a family and want to be able to walk to things in Uptown Charlotte, I would highly recommend this hotel. I will say, I pleaded with the staff to pour me a glass of wine (I was so crabby from travel at this point) and they kept saying "the bar is closed and you can buy a bottle of wine in the snack bar." Yes, I see that, but perhaps a bit of customer-focused service at a late hour would have gone a long way! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KB1Texas
We are so sorry we were not able to live up to your expectations, we are not a full service hotel, though we do offer a lot of the same amenities. We do have room service until 11:00 PM, and our lounge will stay open later based on the demands of the business in house.
We do apologize for the construction outside, the city is putting in a new street car directly in front of the hotel. Our location is ideal for events at TWC Arena, and our proximity to the Epicentre.
We are sorry to hear you will not return, we hope you change your mind.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Smooth as silk check-in provided a brief overview of the surroundings for entertainment such Epicentre, Studio Movie Grill & Time Warner Arena the Chicago Bulls play tomorrow. Now to the good stuff Hyatt House upon entry valet parking is available and I must say the are kind and courteous although I didn't need these service still provided a tip because of the greeting. Front desk was slightly busy but no worries they are truly professional because I listened and observed while waiting. Every guest was greeted with a smile which provides a sense we are here if you need anything :) Smooth as silk check-in and a brief description of what the Hyatt House has to offer during your stay. Also provided a few suggestions for entertainment which is nice (many places omit during check-in) and places you at ease of your surrounding area. Now to the good part my room and first impression : Please remember to keep your room card available for the elevator access many were fumbling and missing floor stops. Exit elevator floor seems relaxed quite fresh linen smell is what came to mind.King Studio room 802 upon entry first thing I noticed was a hint of vanilla not harsh at all which was a great relaxing touch. Room layout is nice with clean lines for a Studio which I found pleasant. Out of travel habit I do four things before settling in 1. flush the toilet and turn on shower make sure no leaks 2 check behind night stands /side tables even Chester Drawers make sure cleaned properly (awful experience at another brand /chain hotel) 3 pull duvet off and lift the flat sheet (yes I look before I sleep) and last must do is the lock from inside is secure latch is tight. All is well and I'm ready to relax and make memorise. Now that you've settled in time to see what the Hyatt House /HBar has offer its guest. Again the lounge seating is placed perfectly and decor is filled with rich colors embellishment of beautiful blown glass pieces. Blends perfectly into the seating area of the HBar Restaurant great flow of design. Greeted by the bartender of the evening James (cheerful smile) placed my request for a Lemon Drop with a shot of Grand M and it was perfectly done. Ordered chicken quesadilla and they were freshly made and tasted great. Also I tried the the chicken wings all I can say is Whoot Whoot (superbowl worthy) freshly battered fried to perfection with great dipping sauces. I've never been a wings person can't stand seeing the veins but these are a must try during your stay. For all that need a little sweetness in your visit the NY Cheesecake is amazing and I've enjoyed plenty of them (mango infuse cheesecake is one of my favorites) different resort but cheesecake here is GREAT. Hyatt House Charlotte /Center City is a great place to stay when visiting Charlotte :) BTW I live here in the Queen City and I visit plenty of the hotels during my celebrate me moments. The Hyatt House is a great choice for any occasion. Returning sooner than later #teamhyatt

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Belle C
I have to say, I loved your review of our hotel. Your descriptions and detail told a great story. You have a very good nose as well, our signature scent is called fresh linen.
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is newer, well appointed and located in a central spot in Charlotte. We used a third party service and got the room for around $80/night. Our room just had two standard beds, which was fine. It was clean and very modern. The workout room is nice and has a good variety of equipment, machines and even free weights. Breakfast is excellent - lots of options and they were fresh. We had a sandwich and a drink in the pub area, too. Slightly pricey but at least it was good. The location is within very easy walking distance of several restaurants, bars and nightlife. The EpiCentre is about 150 yards away, too. Finally, every staff person that we ran into was very nice and helpful. Impressive! Ok, so the only negative? Parking. $22/day. There are lots around the hotel, but you have to pay every 12 hours. It was about $14 going this route, for an entire day. Also, up the street, there is a garage for $16/day. I suppose it's "par for the course;" however, it left a sour taste in our mouth after an otherwise excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for leaving us a review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please keep in mind, we do offer parking packages on Hyatt.com that may help to lower your overall parking fees, and our garage is valet only with full in and out privileges your entire stay. Our garage is also private for our hotel, and is more secure than the street lots.
Please come back and see us again!
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in with no hotel reservation and they were sold out of regular rooms so they offered us an upgraded room for the regular price (btw- they didn't tell us it was an upgraded room but for $99 we had an amazing room with a kitchen and great view). Every staff member we encountered, from reception, doormen to cleaning staff was polite and friendly. Rooms were clean and had modern decor. The bathrooms were clean with a nice shower( good water pressure and roomy), the shower and toilet were separate from the sink and vanity area. Bed was comfy.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RGere3
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for stopping in to check out our hotel. Please come back anytime!
Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My family and I were in town on January 18th to see the Miami/ Bobcats game. First of all, the hotel is next door to the arena- superb location! Second they have valet service! Third, full dinner room service! Fourth, excellent-modern decor! The staff was friendly, helpful, nice and accommodating. The mini market was awesome, a bit pricey but I don't mind paying for convenience! We will definitely stay there again in a bedroom suite. We had a king studio with a double pull out sofa bed. This room is great for a couple or a single person but not for a family of four. Overall, the stay met my picky expectations and then some. Definitely at the top of list for hotels we have stay in before! I almost forget the breakfast that includes gourmet omelets that are made to order and the rooms are clean. I can't say clean enough, the rooms are clean! Loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you distinguish between and studio and a bedroom suite!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us, we truly enjoyed hosting you and your family. Please keep us in mind anytime you come back to Charlotte!