“Great experience and value”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for one night for the first time. The king suite at under $100 pre tax on a Friday night is a great deal. Full room with easy chair and full size sofa. The king bed is sooo comfortable. Good kitchen with 2 burner stovetop and full fridge. Free breakfast includes an omelet station and a good buffet spread. The valet staff was exceptional. Very courteous. Never was concerned about my vehicle once (i tend to worry about certain things).

Have stayed at most other hotels in the area, Marriot, aloft, Omni, Crown Plaza, Courtyard, etc.and Hyatt House is by far the most comfortable, spacious room. Excellent staff and check out at noon!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing our hotel, and we hope to have you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

998 - 1,004 of 1,334 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is next to the Time Warner Arena making it very well located to the arena and some wonderful resturants

Service is very good.

Exceptional breakfast with eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt and an omlet station

The decor in the hotel and room is retro and beautiful

Towels were sparse in the bathroom. There waz a shower but no bath.

I also did not expect a $22 valet parking bill per night. You can not park your car without valet services in their garage. There is close pay per use public parking.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and our location. Please do keep in mind if you choose to stay with us again, we do have our parking package available on Hyatt.com which will help you reduce your overall parking costs during your stay. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Hyatt House Charlotte Center City proved to be an outstanding choice. It was well located near the cheat of the city, the rooms were spacious and very nicely decorated. The WiFi was FREE and they served a yummy omelette breakfast (also free). I would definitely stay there again on our next trip to the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope you can come back again and see us soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 4 nights in Charlotte as part of our honeymoon. Even though we arrived before 3pm check-in time, they accommodated us by getting a room prepared for us immediately. The executive housekeeper even met us outside the room to ensure we had all that we needed. Valet parking was so easy, and since we had a room package that included parking, not expensive at all! I was a little surprised that the hotel did not have a bellman available to assist with luggage. We carried our luggage from the car ourselves, and then once inside, the front desk offered us a luggage cart. We then pushed the luggage cart to our room ourselves, which i found a little odd. The room was clean and had a wonderful view of the city. The bed was so comfy, and I wanted to take the walk-in shower home!!
The bar food was really great and not overly expensive. The bar staff are experienced in making cocktails, however we were charged more for our cocktails than advertised in the menu. Not a big deal, since the drinks were so good! Some of the front desk staff were a little inexperienced, however it seemed like an experienced staff member was always available to help.
Finally, the location was perfect, right next to the Time Warner Cable Arena, where we were able to catch an NBA game, and a few blocks walk to restaurants, movies, theater, bars.

I work in hospitality management, which makes me the worst kind of critic when staying in hotels, so please know that our negative experiences were minimal in comparison to the great time we had in Charlotte, and at the Hyatt House. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Charlotte, and we will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. I know how difficult it is to please other hospitality professionals as I am very critical when I travel as well. Please come back anytime, we would love to have you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for a few days. Great location with plenty of nightlife and restaurants nearby. The Charlotte Bobcats (NBA team) arena is next door and you can easily walk to nearby epicenter (a grouping of several bars and eateries). The property itself is very nice and the gym also is great. One downside is parking is $22 and valet only but that seems to be the norm in downtown Charlotte. As a random plus, I saw Patrick Ewing working out in the gym morning.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will think of us the next time you come to Charlotte.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had a conference at another hotel but chose the Hyatt House because of the Trip advisor reviews, and I am so GLAD I did. My hubby was 2 days out from heart surgery, and when Kelsey, the front desk manager heard that, she gave us a wonderful room with a lot of space where he could relax and recuperate. Everyone in the hotel was so accommodating to me and my husband, I will be forever thankful for their kindness and caring. The room was very spacious, well decorated, lots of fluffy towels, and each room had it's own thermostat for heat/cool regulation. The morning breakfast was more than anyone could want, and thanks to Mo for making my husband one of their outstanding omelets. Everyone at this hotel Thursday through Saturday should be commended for going above and beyond their normal duties to ensure that my husband was taken care of. I am eternally grateful and if I'm ever in Charlotte, there's no question where we'll stay. Thanks, all of you. ;)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review, we will be sure to let Kelsey and Mo know that you had written about them. It was great to see we could accommodate you and your husband, and made you very comfortable. Please come back and see us again, we would love to have you!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

When booking a downtown location, we were surprised to see HYATT pop up at such a reasonable rate. My first stay at a HYATT house was great. Valet parking quickly snatched up the car, the front desk staff had us in our room within five minutes of walking in the door and there was virtually no noise once inside the room. Being in a city center, sometimes noise can be an issue.

The bed was tucked away just enough that any noise from the hallway didn't make it's way to your ears. The styling was trendy and cool, but not in a so over–the–top way, like other pricier options might be..

wifi connected easily and without issues! THANK YOU.

The bar was a bit on the steep end and didn't have any outsiders there (all guests, it appeared). But come morning, that bar houses THE BEST complementary breakfast buffet I've ever been a part of. Ever.

Another note: We prepaid for valet parking, as valet is your only option on–site. This was offered via their website and at 50% discount. Unsure if that is always offered.

Room Tip: My TIP: Pre–pay for your valet car service if you're driving in! Saves you about 50% off norma...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wandererer151

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind review! I was happy to see you take part of our parking package which can save you up to 50% on your overnight parking. Please come back and see us again soon, we look forward to it!