“The good and the bad--”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt House for three nights. I can break down our experience with the pros and the cons:

Pros:

Right next door to Time Warner Arena so the walk to and from the concert was a breeze.
Front desk staff was friendly and attentive.
Valet attendants offered excellent service.
By far, one of the best breakfast offerings I have seen!
The hotel is a short walk to the Epicentre.

Cons:

The room smelled very bad (hotel was sold out so there was no possibility of changing rooms).
The A/C was noisy (sounded like a running truck most of the time).
Two elevators aren't enough for the size of the hotel.
The hotel had nice shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower; however, the shower gel was empty and never refilled.

I am not sure if I would stay there again. It met our needs for the trip, but I suspect there might be some better offerings for the same price close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wombat21
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

My apologies on your recent stay here with us, this is definitely not the standard that we hold our hotel to. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any of the issues further.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was in Charlotte for business. I normally stay with my daughter and her husband who live in Charlotte but I needed to be downtown.
This hotel exceeded my expectations. The studio room I stayed in had a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, well equipped kitchenette....the bed was very comfortable....nice size shower.... sofa...large TV.
The housekeeping staff was great and the room was very clean.
Breakfast was much better than most "included breakfast" at other hotels. Selection was good and the made to order omelets were outstanding.
This hotel is right next to Time Warner Pavilion and easy walking to all downtown Charlotte has to
offer.
I think the thing that really stands out about this hotel were the people that work there. Pedro the manager, the desk staff, the staff at breakfast, and housekeeping were all very friendly.
If there were any negatives they would be that parking is valet only (but there are pay lots across the street that are convenient and cheaper) and the fact that the bar closes at 11:00 pm. We went out for dinner Saturday night and went to the bar shortly after 11:00 for a nightcap before going to the room. Even though there were about a dozen people in the bar with drinks the bartender told us he was closed "but there were plenty of places close by the hotel where we could get a drink". Other than that the experience at this hotel was outstanding,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do strive to provide excellent guest service, and we are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Please come see us again the next time you are in Charlotte.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I am a clean freak and this hotel is very clean, very friendly staff, great breakfast, and room has full kitchen with dishwasher.. Very close to great dining and epicenter.. Will stay here again.. Also great price

• Stayed: June 2013
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to having you back here the next time you are in Charlotte!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I just went to the Jazz festival in Charlotte this weekend. We chose to stay in the Hyatt House over staying in the Omni Hotel in which we stayed in before in Charlotte. The Omni was nice but for the money the Hyatt House is a much better deal. The Omni hotel nickel and dimes you on extra cost ($6 bottled water in the room, etc). Hyatt house didn't. The only other cost at the Hyatt was for parking($22 per day) but you can avoid that by parking across the street for $12 per day. We loved it. The only thing better about the Omni was the size of the roof top pool but Hyatt House pool was ok. Just a little small. The staff was great, the room was great and clean, and the breafast which is included, was as good as I have ever had at any all inclusive resort we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed at several in the Carribeans. I think its a great location and overall a great deal. i will defiantly stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do keep us in mind the next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is a true jewel. I recently stayed, during a trip to Charlotte, to see a concert. This was no easy trip for me. I am currently battling Leukemia and just finished my second round of chemo, so I was a little scared of staying in a hotel room, because of possible germs.I had no reason to worry. The room was immaculate. I felt safe, from the moment I walked into the room. I was able to relax and enjoy my time, in Charlotte. Not only was the room amazing, but the staff was wonderful. They really went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and feeling okay. We were always greeted with smiles upon entrance and when leaving the hotel. The entire experience was a joy and we will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gwugirl03

We are sorry to hear of your battle with Leukemia, but keep fighting, you can get there. We discussed your review with our housekeeping department, they were thrilled they were able to make you more comfortable with your stay.
Come back and see us, we would love to have you here again!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to hotels...not hard to please, but hard to impress. And my wife and I have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the United States. So with bar set pretty high when it comes to hotels (high expectations for appearance, cleanliness, and friendliness/efficiency of staff) -- and Hyatt House just got done not only meeting but exceeding ALL our expectations. There's a spacious, open lobby. There's a chic, "Kimpton-boutiquey" bar (where, by the way, the bartender gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner and even called ahead for us to make a reservation: a place within walking distance called "5 Church" ...their signature drink is the Viper...wow). When we checked in and went up to the room assigned (a standard King room, and we'd requested a corner room with a view) we discovered we were not in a corner room and we felt the layout of the room was a bit strange (it had a crowded feel). So we called down to the front desk and asked if they had assigned us the wrong room. The front desk person said, "no problem, would you like to see another room?" and within two minutes was up on our floor with another set of room keys to look at another room, this time a corner. It was gorgeous. Wide open. Huge. Fantastic shower. Great bed. Immaculate. In the morning, we overslept and got downstairs as they were tearning down the breakfast buffett. Employees ALL went out of their way to help us, delaying the tear-down a bit so we could get some eggs, delicious cheese grits, sausage, and coffee. Then, after we were seated, the wait staff double-checked in on us to be sure we had everything we needed! This is not just Southern Hospitality (although that's part of it), it's great hiring and training. Just an amazing stay at a fantastic hotel for a great price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryO425
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear the staff was so helpful during your stay. We will be sure to share with everyone how you felt about the stay so we can continue to offer the same service.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for a convention in April. The hotel is really nice. We got up to our room and found it to very nice! Stylish and comfortable. Wished I could have slept in since the beds were so comfy. Bar area was great as was the fitness center. The front desk staff was very helpful!!!! It isn't right in the middle of everything but close enough. We got a little exercise from walking so not a bad thing. Only thing I was bummed about was the pet fee. They allow pets but the fee is $150. Was supposed to stay one more night but had to check out due to the fee. I adopted a sweet dog from a rescue in the area. Other hotels charges ranged from $20 - $50 so I couldn't justify paying their higher rate. The front desk even talked to the manager for me, which I appreciated. Even still, I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Right beside the Basketball arena.