“Wonderful experience!!!”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Nicole, front Desk Manager was Awesome!! She made me feel right at home. The hotel offers a bar, restaurant, pool, complimentary breakfast, and market place. It had everything you need. Rooms are fully equipped with a kitchen, walk-in shower, the works. Booked with another hotel and paid $40 more for a better experience, and because of my stress with another hotel and hotels.com, they gave me and my husband two free drinks and a room upgrade. I appreciate the hospitality. Not for the free things, but, for showing compassion. Making me feel at ease because I booked with you. I will never go to another hotel, when I come to Charlotte. I have alreadly told my family about this hotel. I would strongly suggest you Book Here there, for the customer service is AMAZING, they valet park your vehicle, and there is 100% compassion for the guests!!!Thank you!!

Room Tip: Book with them---Excellent Customer Service, and great Views of the city!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Meg M

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed at a few other hotels in Charlotte and this is one of the nicest hotels and in a good location. The decor is really modern and updated and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The gym is clean and has a decent number of machines and weights. The hotel has a very nice bar area and the breakfast in the morning is delicious - not your typical boring free breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend night while in town to see a concert. The hotel was great for our quick stay - loved the stylish decor, very comfortable bed, pleasant staff, and a delicious - and nicely appointed - breakfast buffet the next day. Since it was Feb., it was too chilly to enjoy the terrace and pool area, but it was super chic. Great spot for a longer stay as well, since there was a kitchenette, complete with fridge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I wanted to be close enough to uptown, but with a little more square footage than the Rite or omni. Amazing service. Bartender is friendly. Room is huge and clean!!!! Love it!!! Will stay here next time that I come to Charlotte.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My aunt and I stayed here for nearly a week and had a wonderful experience from the time we arrived. All the staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient...any request we had was never a problem. The breakfasts were a great way to start the day and they made sure food was out and things restocked promptly. The facilities were comfortable and clean and it was great to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. We ate at the hotel restaurant twice for dinner and the food was fantastic. We also enjoyed the complimentary chocolate chip cookies in the evenings. The beds and cotton linens were very comfortable. This was a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I come to Charlotte quite a bit for events and concerts and have stayed in quite a few of the hotels in the "downtown" area. We chose the Hyatt House based on other's reviews and on the pictures, as the price was about the same as the other so called 4+ star hotels in the area. From the moment we pulled into the valet parkeing it was one pleasant suprise after the next. (we were already aware of the $22 parking fee). Each and every employee greeted us in a warm welcoming manner, our checkin was quick and efficient but not rushed feeling. The room looked brand new and had a very trendy feel but was inviting and comfortable at the same time. The most important thing to me was that it was immacultely clean!! The bed was comfortable, the shower and all the amenities were just top of the line. Though we were only staying the evening, we would have been perfectly content to stay a week in this hotel. The only down side to us was that the lounge/bar closed at 11. Since it was on a Saturday night, that seemed really early to us, but that is their hours all week long. Each time we passed an employee we were greeted, wished a good evening/morning and asked if there was anything that could be done for us, etc... The morning breakfast that was provided was wonderful, complete with an omlet station, fresh hot meats, dainishes, bagels, cereals, yogurts, fruits, granola, juice, coffee and tea. We have found our place to stay in Charlotte from now on, no question about that!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Its unfortunate that Hyatt has classified this Hyatt as a Hyatt House and not a Hyatt Regency, but they had to classify all Sierra's to Hyatt Houses. This is a nicer hotel than a lot of regular Hyatts out there. I was in a king corner suite, that although oddly situated in the conference and excersize floor (noisy in the morning when the meetings start) was very nice, large, comfortable and full of technology, have of which I could not figure out (including the Roku and the Keurig (broken I believe) machine). My room even had an outside balcony with recliners and other chairs to enjoy the outside, although the view is of a parking lot. The large shower in the room even has a sitting area, but I did not like the gym style pump soap and shampoo dispenser. This is a major departure from other Hyatt properties and one that I don't particularly like because the dispensers are tiny and hard to get any amount out of. Also despite the large suite, the closet was very small and hidden behind the bathroom door, so you could either have the bathroom door open or the closet open, but not both.
My room because it was a corner room in a low floor was very noisy all night long, there must be a police station or other all night activity location next door because the traffic noise was high and given the all glass building the sound insulation is poor.
The parking at $22 per night as mentioned many times in other reviews is just absurd considering all the $5 parking lots around and the fact that even the Westin down the street only charges $18 per night for their valet. For this category hotel the parking should be half that at best.
The staff is very friendly and again, the breakfast as described in many reviews is tops for an inclusive hotel.
The workout facility is rather small and has basic equipment, and was not very crowded very early in the morning when I went, but I could see when I was leaving around 8:30 that it was very crowded. If the hotel is full, you can expect to wait for equipment.
Overall a pleasent stay, not very sure its worth the price.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for a high floor not facing the street. If you want to make sure you ge...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business