“Luxury and convenience ! ... has it price, but worth it !”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, South Carolina
“Luxury and convenience ! ... has it price, but worth it !”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Make no mistake about it. Simply Put, Hotel is GREAT ! I don't know how anyone would ever have a negative review of the location or facility. If so I would dare to say isolated case, certainly the exception. If everyone could be like Joshua, who I feel is one of the better example of customer service and valueing customer satifaction I have seen in the industry, this place may would have one of the best combinations of facility and staff that I have ever experienced. (Note: I do travel extensively and have combined 23+ years experience in the hotel, restaurant, tourism, retail and wireless industries. Including 15+ years of management experience). If I could stay here every stay I probably would. Combination of higher cost and availability doesnt always make that an available option however. PLAN AHEAD ! Nonetheless worth the $$$!

Bed is heavenly. Equipped min kitchen with utensills and cookware.Spacious Walk-in shower. Modern Contempary Decor ! Don't think I could have designed it any better to my liking myself.

Located in the heart of EpiCentre and just down block from Time Warner Arena is perfect location. Minimizing need for taxi use or public transportion. Both are nearby and available tho. Parking can be an issue and is expensive. However is available on the street normally cheaper than hotel. During events, if a hotel guest I suggest go ahead pay the extra and use hotel valet service or get a short term pass for reduced amount if a hotel guest and having a visitor.

Complimentary Buffet style BREAKFAST is superb ! Cooked to order omelets always with varying variety of pancakes, french toast stix, eggs, sausage, bacon, FRESH fruit, yogurt, oatmel, grits, cereal, juices, coffee.. the works.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt House for the Bobcats game. The hotel is located next to the arena which is great because you can avoid the heavy foot and vehicle traffic before and after the game. We were able to make it to and from the hotel with no problem.

We had a king studio which included a mini kitchen (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, sink and dishes. The room was clean and perfect for two people.

Breakfast was amazing! Made to order omelettes, french toast, eggs sausage, grits and pastry. I must say this was the best breakfast I'd ever had in a hotel.

The only down side is parking. We decided not to pay for valet and parked on the street. This can be difficult if you arrive around game/event time because the city blocks off the parking spots along Trade St. Be prepared to pay event parking rates or just arrive early. Luckily, we were able to find free parking on the street about two blocks away from the hotel.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire ($84). They rate it as 3 1/2 star, I will give at least 4. Reception was very friendly. Room was very clean. Free internet. The furniture is modern with large screen high definition TV. I never use bathtub in hotels and I was pleasantly surprised to find a large and clean shower instead. The bed was very comfortable. I had two large (from floor to ceiling) windows with panoramic view on Charlotte Downtown. I normally will close the curtain immediately after getting into the room, but not at this time. I spent at least 20 minutes to look over that view from my 12th floor. The valet parking cost is $22, which I was expected from downtown's hotel.
I did not eat at the hotel's restaurant, instead we went to near by one. There are plenty of restaurants around for any choice.
Another plus of this hotel room is that there is a nice kitchenette there with fridge, microwave, and even dishwasher.
I will stay ther again if i will have a choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
raleigh, nc
Reviewed January 25, 2012

If you are going to see a concert or a basketball game in Charlotte at the Time Warner Arena, this is a great place to stay. It is RIGHT next door!

We stayed in November, and are planning to stay there again in April. The rooms were absolutely spotless clean, employees were friendly, and breakfast was good.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I liked the modern feel of the hotel.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncdeb73
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Sierra for my bachelorette party with 4 of my girlfriends. The hotel staff went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make the weekend special. They were so accomodating with a last minute room change and seamlessly helped us out as soon as we asked. In addition, they allowed us to hang out on the special 7th floor so we had room for other friends to visit and celebrate. Rooms are spacious and CLEAN and include a dishwasher, full size refrigerator and microwave. The location is PERFECT. 2 minute walk to the Epicentre and next door to the Bobcats arena. Plenty of street parking if you dont want to pay for valet. Breakfast is cooked to order each morning and delicious. The hotel also has a market for snacks, bottles of wine, quick eats, etc. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business travelers, groups, couples, etc. The staff was knowledgable, helpful, accomodating, everything you could ever ask for. THANK YOU HOTEL SIERRA!!! Keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Front desk gives great restaurant recommendations!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AJacksR
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Hotel Sierra for 2 nights. The first room that we got was very clean and the decor is great, but the downside was the room was facing a big parking lot. So we asked for a different room with a great view and the Front desk girl gave us a better room. They serve free breakfast in the morning which is good but the only thing is the girl who makes the omelette was kinda hateful, she was not even smiling, she didnt even extend extra mile for the guests she just basically wait for me to get my food even if she can offer to bring it to my table to make it easier for me, she was not even busy that time. The following night that we stayed there, Me and my bf went to the bar and I forgot my key in my room and I told the front desk guy that I did so I gave him my whole information since it was under my name, And to my surprised he asked my boyfriend if its ok for him to give me a key, WHAT???? the room is even under my name and my credit card and you will ask him??? He doesnt even have anything to do with the room.I was really offended, I understand that he has to verify all the info before he could give out room keys and I provided it to him but no use at all.

Overall the hotel is clean, great location and very reasonable price for a hotel located downtown. I will definitely comeback to this hotel as long as that front desk guy is no longer working there. and if they will just train their employees to be friendlier since they work in a hospitality business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2012

all the front desk staff are wonderfull. the customer services that you get from everyone is great. rooms are beautiful and the food in the hbar is fantastic!!! its very close to the epicenter which has lots of restaurants options, next to the time cable arena where i went to watch the game. i really enjoyed my stay...i will be going back.

Room Tip: rooms facing the city
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends