HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Omni Charlotte Hotel(Charlotte)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,369 results
All reviewsvalet parkingtime warner arenaomelet stationomelet barfull kitchengreat hotelmade to order omeletsbasketball gamefree breakfastwalking distancerooftop poolvalet staffsmall kitchenking suitecenter citybed was very comfortableliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at Hyatt Hotel Sierra this past weekend and had a wonderful time. The $22 valet parking (no onsite self parking) was a lil steep but once you check in and get to your room..the parking fee is quickly forgotten. Check in was quick and professional. I was a little turned off that the check in agent didn't advise nor offer my Hyatt Diamond benefits (I had to ASK what they were). She didn't seem to know and kept making the excuse that the hotel just recently was taken over by Hyatt. And your point IS?! for not knowing yr job. Anyway, we received an upgrade to a spacious one bdrm suite (used one of diamond upgrades) and it was beautiful. housekeeping didn't remove some food from previous guest out of the frig nor was the toilet cleaned thoroughly but once we got past that, we had a great time. The decor was modern which I love, huge flat screen in the living rm and another in the bedroom. beautiful complete kitchenette with fullsize stainless frig,a microwave, 2 eye stovetop, granite countertops, spacious bathroom, comfy beds, floor to ceiling windows with tons of great daylight. The free breakfast was good not great. The made to order omelet was excellent but all else (potatoes and pancakes) seemed to be prepared in a hurry and not very tasty. Lobby area was small but nice for lounging. Sexy modern vibe. The location is superb...right in the middle of everything downtown. We walked across the street to Epicenter for a bite to eat, did a lil strolling around d'town and just had a fabulous time. We informed front desk at check in that we wanted 4pm checkout but we still had not one but TWO different staff members disturb us the next morning (even though the DND sign was on door) to ask us when we would be checking out. Needless to stay, the sleeping in idea was shot. All in all, I will definitely return to HS..especially since its now in the Hyatt family.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is a great location for downtown and the Epicenter. Rooms are large with hardwood floor entrances. And the main thing is it brand new. Would diffently stay at this hotel again. Also the beds were great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is without a doubt one of the best hotels I've ever visited. Everything is top notch - very modern, clean - staff is extremely well-trained and personable. Just a beautiful property from top to bottom. The free breakfast is out of this world, with real china, silverware and an extensive array of freshly prepared items including pancakes, grits, sausage and breakfast pastries. Starbucks Coffee was also available. I've never visited a hotel with such a great free breakfast - and the dining room area is simply beautiful.

The only drawbacks are the valet service, which is unwarranted. Never before have I stayed at a property with valet parking and yet no bellhops. This was bizarre. When I checked in, there were no valets at the curb and there is no signage directing arriving guests where to park or stop for check-in. The valet service needs to be discontinued and hotel guests allowed free access to the garage at their own will, without a valet having to park and retrieve the car. This was very inconvenient.

It was also a bit noisy in the hallway around 11 PM and I later discovered that a football game was being played the next day at the nearby Bank of America stadium and a large number of rowdy (and rude) out of town guests had checked in that evening for the next day's game. The hotel really cannot control inconsiderate patrons. Also, with as many floors as the hotel has, 3 elevators would have been optimal (instead of 2). There were always large crowds waiting for the elevators.

All in all, this is a wonderful property, definitely 5-star potential. I would simply suggest that the valet service be discontinued and patrons allowed to park their car in the hotel's garage without assistance. Perhaps the valets can instead be utilized as bellhops to help with the luggage. I'd definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to many others.

Room Tip: I don't believe that there is a bad room in this hotel; however rooms on the back side do have views of the pool area, which is very attractive. All other rooms have decent views of the Charlotte skyline.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank charlestondiner
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I had no expectations for this property and was very pleased. The location is most convenient. The rooms are just as chic and have as much attention to detail as the uber sexy bar and other common areas. The staff is friendly (Devin at the desk is the cutest!) and ready to serve. I was here for work and we used their conference facilities as well. They were creative spaces and had outdoor pool access for dining and gathering. All around, I found it was a balanced property and everything about it was completely refreshing. Will stay here the next time I'm in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We loved everything about this hotel. From the EXCELLENT front desk service (from Josh) to all the great amenities and unique things that make this hotel so great. It is within walking distance of the Time Warner Cable Arena, EpiCentre, Blumenthal Preforming Arts Center and other Charlotte landmarks. We were staying in a suite on the 14th floor (top) and what an AMAZING view. You do have to spend $20 per day to Valet park, but it is worth the expense. Thanks for an amazing night Hotel Sierra, we will def be back :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple