“Great location, very smart hotel.”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #11 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
London
“Great location, very smart hotel.”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

My wife an I had to connect in Charlotte on to the way back from Fort Myers to our home in London. I knew nothing about the city, but thought may as well spend a few nights there. I found this new hotel on a special rate on Expedia so went for it. In short vey glad I did. The hotel was beautifully done out, location near on unbeatable, and the staff really very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was also a very nice bonus, and not bad quality at all.

You could tell this was a brand new hotel the place was spotless. It's right next door to the Time Warner stadium, and pretty much walking distance to every attraction in the city. The area in and around the hotel is also wonderfully policed, so my wife and I felt extremely safe when walking back from dinner which we usually went for at the nearby Epicenter which is about a five minute walk.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure, but as a new hotel it's only natural that a few wrinkles need to be ironed out. Nothing major, but a couple of things I think it would be good for the management to look at.

1) They don't do any room service which is absolutely fine, but when I phoned front desk to recommend any nearby delivery places I was basically told to Google it. May I suggest that you strike a couple of relationships with nearby take out places, and have the details on hand for guests.

2) We asked for the front desk to enquire about hockey tickets as well as one or two other services for us. I was told that I would be called back within the hour, but after two hours of waiting had to call back myself and was told I wouldn't have the answer until morning. I don't think this was deliberate at all because I found the staff lovely, but just need to make sure as a new hotel there is some sort of system.

On the whole had a great and enjoyable stay, and if one or two teething problems are sorted out this will be one of the top places to stay in Charlotte.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HSCharlotteGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for giving Hotel Sierra a try. I am pleased to read you found the hotel to be in great location within walking distance to several attractions. I thank you for your suggestion regarding a listing of nearby restaurants that deliver. I do apologize for the lack of service you received when inquiring about hockey tickets. I have shared your comments with the staff to ensure we can provide top notch service going forward.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Charlotte.

Don Lockhart, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Sierra by chance, through a random booking with Hotwire.com to receive a better deal. After finding out our hotel we were amazed.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were amazing! Big beds, lots of lighting, amazing bathroom! The hotel was spotlessly clean. Pool on 7th floor and weight room.
Complementary breakfast was the best I have experienced: omlettes, bacon, sausage, French toast, cereals, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit and yogurt. Complementary Starbucks coffe, assorted teas, milk, and orange juice.
Best hotel experience I have had within the states. Hotel Sierra is providing the service most hotels lack. Very impressive and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Best hotel experience you've had in the states is a very nice compliment! I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, service and décor. I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and I thank you for recommending to others. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I was hesitant to try out a new hotel in Charlotte because we had enjoyed the spot we'd previously stayed but, the location, free internet and breakfast won me over. I couldn't have been more pleased and will stay at Hotel Sierra for all my future trips to Charlotte.

We had a king studio room. It was very comfortable, spacious, very clean, and the decor is awesome. LOVED the bed and the shower. My only complaint was that the bed was so comfortable we had a hard time getting out of it in time for breakfast!

We came to Charlotte to see a couple Checkers playoff games and this hotel is right on top of Time Warner Cable Arena. Very convenient to all of the area restaurants and the Epicenter. Valet parking was quick and convenient--the valets were all super polite as well. All of the staff was very friendly and even the housekeeping staff all spoke to us in the halls. The front desk staff was efficient and there were no long waits at any time during our stay. We came in late one evening but needed some food and the front desk staff was super helpful in arranging for some takeout delivery for us.

The wireless internet was very fast and we encountered no issues. We also enjoyed the expanded cable offerings. As hockey fans, it's always difficult to find a hotel room with Versus on the cable system and we were thrilled to get to watch some playoff hockey without having to find a bar. Carolina Hurricanes fans who might be in town checking out the Checkers will be pleased to know the hotel has FSN, as well.

As with any hotel in this area of uptown Charlotte, I worry about nighttime noise on weekends. We heard nothing at Hotel Sierra and were able to get a wonderful night's sleep every night of our stay.

This is a fantastic and stylish hotel with a lot of little extras and a great location. I cannot recommend it strongly enough!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LucyLuvsHockey
HSCharlotteGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to read your stay at Hotel Sierra couldn't have been more perfect. I appreciate you taking the time to post such a great review of the hotel and the location. I am so glad you decided to give our hotel a try and had a great stay.

Thank you for recommending to others and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Here is a breakdown of the hotel:
1) pool is blocked by shade of the hotel all day;
2) long lines for breakfast; had to wait 15 minutes for a fork to eat, ran out of coffee;
3) rooms are nice with kitchen.

The day after I returned home, I received two phone calls repeatedly from a Charlotte number. I picked up the call the second time and was hassled by a cab driver working for the hotel, demanding that a pay for a cab fare. I told him that I didn't take a cab and he continued to hassle me for payment. It took two calls to the manager and one email to the general manager before I got a response from the hotel. They said sorry and that was it.
Very unprofessional hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank CoastofCarolina_11
Jacksonville, nc
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My stay at Hotel Sierra in Charlotte was wonderful. From the time I checked in to the time I left, it was comfortable, elegant and completely enjoyable. The front desk staff was especially friendly and knowledgeable. I would like to specifically point out Elisa, Chad and Devon. They were a pleasure.

I stayed in a king suite which had everything I needed for the next five days. The granite countertop kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, dishwasher, stove and full sized fridge. They even stocked the cabinets with plates, glasses, pots, pans ect. I enjoyed the privacy of the bedroom with the double doors. The bathroom was equally satisfying. I loved the view and decor.

The pool was closed due to the weather but the sun deck looks like a wonderful place to bask on warmer days. I took full advantage of the workout facilities. Each machine is up-to-date with built in screens and ear phone plug ins.

I have to give this hotel two thumbs up. It would be hard to beat the quality for the price.

I must warn that parking is pricey as with any hotel in the uptown area. Expect to pay $22 per night to park.

I look forward to my return to Charlotte and Hotel Sierra!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HSCharlotteGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! We thank you for your great review of your stay at Hotel Sierra! It is so great to read that you enjoyed all the amenities offered and the staff exceeded your expectations. They work very hard to ensure every guest has a great stay and memorable experience and it sounds like they did just that. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you staying again!

Columbia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

OMG! This hotel is simply AMAZING! Im a sucker for NEW...and this hotel is exactly that and MORE! When I checked in I was vastly approached by a technical difficulty I had caused when booking this hotel through Expedia but the hotel Manager on duty Samantha made it her business to help me get this issue resolved. She went above and beyond to help me and I really appreciated that, because, like I stated it was a mistake I made. Any who, the rooms were magnificent! There is a complete kitchen in the studio room with stainless steel appliances, beds felt as if you are sleeping on clouds, and the hotel itself was even better! I have made it my business to let everyone I know, know that If you are traveling to Charlotte...*which many people I know do b/c it is so close to where I reside* YOU MUST stay at this hotel! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be traveling to Charlotte more often just to stay at this hotel. Oh did I mention it was within WALKING distance of the EpiCentre???? Like I said...Simply AMAZING!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
HSCharlotteGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! I couldn't ask for a more positive review of your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. I am so pleased we were able to resolve you reservation issue when you checked in. Thank you for recognizing the staff as they work hard to ensure our guests have a great experience and it sounds like they succeeded. I thank you for staying with us and recommending to others and look forward to you staying with us again and again.

Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We recently went to Charlotte to find a neighborhood for my daughter to live in because she is moving there this summer. I stumbled upon Hotel Sierra while searching online (on Tripadvisor). We arrived the day before their grand opening. What a lovely boutique hotel right in the middle of downtown Charlotte. The hotel is very chic, great bar/lobby area. The rooms are decorated in very contemporary decor and are very comfortable. The staff was amazing! We had a noise issue while we were there while they were working on last minute final details and when we notified the front desk they apologized profusely and immediately credited our bill for our parking and bar charges. Each person we encountered was extremely courteous and professional. Good luck Hotel Sierra! We will surely be back to visit next time we're in Charlotte this summer.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HSCharlotteGenMgr, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Hotel Sierra. It was nice to hear the front desk was very responsive to your noise issue. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest has a wonderful stay. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you this summer.