My wife an I had to connect in Charlotte on to the way back from Fort Myers to our home in London. I knew nothing about the city, but thought may as well spend a few nights there. I found this new hotel on a special rate on Expedia so went for it. In short vey glad I did. The hotel was beautifully done out, location near on unbeatable, and the staff really very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was also a very nice bonus, and not bad quality at all.
You could tell this was a brand new hotel the place was spotless. It's right next door to the Time Warner stadium, and pretty much walking distance to every attraction in the city. The area in and around the hotel is also wonderfully policed, so my wife and I felt extremely safe when walking back from dinner which we usually went for at the nearby Epicenter which is about a five minute walk.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure, but as a new hotel it's only natural that a few wrinkles need to be ironed out. Nothing major, but a couple of things I think it would be good for the management to look at.
1) They don't do any room service which is absolutely fine, but when I phoned front desk to recommend any nearby delivery places I was basically told to Google it. May I suggest that you strike a couple of relationships with nearby take out places, and have the details on hand for guests.
2) We asked for the front desk to enquire about hockey tickets as well as one or two other services for us. I was told that I would be called back within the hour, but after two hours of waiting had to call back myself and was told I wouldn't have the answer until morning. I don't think this was deliberate at all because I found the staff lovely, but just need to make sure as a new hotel there is some sort of system.
On the whole had a great and enjoyable stay, and if one or two teething problems are sorted out this will be one of the top places to stay in Charlotte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt house Charlotte Center City blends urban chic with the convenience of guest-empowered travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 163 smartly designed guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or Rooftop Terrace with lounge pool, alluring fireplace and cozy seating. Conveniently located adjacent to Time Warner Cable Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Charlotte Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.