“Great value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
Ranked #64 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I travel to Charlotte on business and have customers in this area. I had stayed at the Courtyard previously but felt that it wasn't the best value or a good representation of the Courtyards I have stayed at in the past. I tried this hotel since I am a loyal Marriott member. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was EXTREMELY friendly. The property is very clean and a great value. I will continue to stay here during my visits to Charlotte.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great rooms and even better customer service. I stay here regularly and they always remember my preferences. Suites are comfortable and spacious, internet is fast and location is quiet. Will stay nowhere else when I visit Charlotte!

Room Tip: Suites are great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bthompsonGA
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm surprised that this hotel is rated so highly on TripAdvisor. Based on the reviews, I stayed here for 4 nights. The bathroom had a unpleasant sour smell, and the shower curtain had an unsightly stain (possibly blood). Also 2 of the 4 nights I had to go to the front desk to ask for coffee refills, and that's after tipping housekeeping every day. There's got to be a better hotel in Charlotte than this.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, get a room far away from the entrance. The noise from late night arrivals, and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GreenLakeDave2013
Ross L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I would like to offer my sincere apologies regarding your unhappiness during your stay with us and I would also like to thank you for your feedback. Our guests complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal. It's feedback such as yours which will help us in correcting future issues reported by our guests. I understand you spoke with my AGM about your next stay, we look forward to having you and making sure it is your best stay ever. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to further discuss your stay.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Ross Lachance

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We reserved a SUITE with 2 queen beds and a separate living room. Traveling with two young kids age
4 and 7 who sleep very early... we wanted to allow them to sleep early while we watched tv in the adjoining living room. We called when we were on our way and we were assured our room would be ready. We arrived around 4 and were told there were NO SUITES available - they had overbooked. (What's the point of making a reservation if you're not going to get what you booked?) They tried to give us 2 separate rooms that were NOT connected... which is NOT helpful at all. Were they expecting us to put the kids in one room and us in another??? Not a fun start to a vacation to have to scramble to find another place on short notice... and to then have $$ tied up on our credit card for a room we weren't even using. The Staybridge Ballantyne was more than accommodating and found a solution that met our needs and so we took our business there - it's in a MUCH nicer part of town anyway.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline S
Ross L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

C S,

I apologize for the miscommunication with your booking experience. I can understand how frustrating that was, especially traveling with 2 young children. I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff to help ensure that similar situations do no occur in the future. If you do find yourself in the area, I would like to invite you for a stay at our hotel so you can enjoy all of our amenities and personable staff, we would love to have you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 980-495-2900.

Thanks,
Ross Lachance

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield based off reviews of tripadvisor. This was our first stay here. The customer service was excellent. Check in was very fast and easy. Jamie (who looks like jada pinkett smith) checked us in, she had a smile on her face and was very professional. Ask which floor did we want and if we needed a rollaway bed. She explained everything to us about the hotel and its services. She represented Fairfield inn very well. And then there was Cam. My man was right on point with everything. Very professional also. Told us which spots to go to as far as shopping, uptown, and entertainment. He talked with us throughout our 4 day stay which was from Jan11th -14th 2014. Checkout was just as smoothe as checkin. Their hot breakfast was wonderful. Rooms were big and spacious. Beds were for a good nights sleep. This hotel is very clean. We will stay here again. Excellent place to spend your time in Charlotte.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A very friendly and service oriented staff. Room was very clean. I have been here before and each time it was an enjoyable stay. The snacks in the evening were wonderful but the cookies were the best. There was a good selection of breakfast items and the breakfast room was very nice, sunny and open. The location is great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visited in October for our anniversary, which was our second time staying at the hotel. Our decision to stay here again was based solely on our first visit over a year ago. The Fairfield Inn did not disappoint! Once again we received excellent service, and had a comfortable stay. We actually did have a problem as soon as we checked into our room. Our key did not work, and it ended up being a dead battery on the door lock. The manager personally attended to our problem, and immediately relocated us to a new room. All of the staff were very personable, and it was a pleasure to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Matthews East
Hampton Inn Charlotte / Matthews
Courtyard Charlotte Matthews
Comfort Inn Matthews-Charlotte
SpringHill Suites Charlotte University Research Park
Sleep Inn Matthews - Charlotte

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!