“Honeymoon Suite”

Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Mint Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Honeymoon Suite”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thank you Marieta Bryan for the wonderful experience. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Charlotte North Carolina for our wedding night and were taken care of like kings and queens. Marieta Bryan was a true blessing to my new wife and I, before we checked in she picked out the nicest suite with a Jacuzzi and covered the suite with rose pedals, she left us matching robes, slippers and a bottle of wine as a wedding gift. We could not have picked a nicer Mananger to walk into that day to plan a special night for our wedding. We have told so many people this story we would recommend this Fairfield Inn to anyone.
Thank you again ! Many Blessings , the Ric****d Family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Eric R
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear you chose us for this very special event in your life. I am pleased to hear that Marieta went above and beyond for you and your wife and that you have shared your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Before I arrived at the hotel, I was surprised that the # 1 hotel in Charlotte was not one of the "fancy" ones in uptown (this one is several miles from the city center.) After our stay, I know why the Fairfield Charlotte Matthews is so highly rated. We experienced 3 extraordinary gestures:

1. The day after we left (and 100 miles away), we realized we left a flower vase, planter, and (most importantly) an expensive set of foot orthotics and shoes in the room. I tried to call the hotel for several hours, but their phones were down (not their fault.) I called the Marriott reservation line, and they e-mailed the hotel about this. Shortly after that, Brittney (front desk manager) called me from her personal cell phone and told me that they had found the items. She made arrangements with me to ship the items to my home.

2. We were in town to visit my mother and wanted to eat breakfast with her. Breakfast was included in our hotel rate, but my mother was not staying at the hotel. I asked the front desk person (sorry - don't know his name) if I could bring my mother along and I'd pay for her meal. He told me to bring her and not to worry about paying.

3. One of the breakfast servers (I think her name begins with an "E") came up to my three-year old daughter and gave her a stuffed animal to play with (and to keep). She also gave her muffins to eat and wrapped them up to go.

Again, excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry S
Thank you so much for your excellent review! I have used this review during our all associate meeting to recognize Brittney, Earlene(breakfast), and Morgan for their great customer service throughout your stay. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family booked several rooms for my brothers graduation. From check in to check out the hotel staff was very friendly and professional and kept a smile on their face (from Ms Brittney, Mr West and Mr Morgan). The room was very clean and well equip so I had no complaints. Ms Pattie the breakfast hostess was polite and even made waffles for my boyfriend and I. Whenever I need a room in Charlotte I will be sure to book it at this hotel .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Shelra M,
Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased to hear that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion in your family's life! Congrats to your brother. I will make sure to share your kind words with Morgan, Brittany, and Patty who are played a role in your recent visit! We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again,
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel a lot and am a loyal Marriott patron, this place is the best. Staff is always top notch and welcoming. Property is newer and always kept in top notch shape. This is by far the best Fairfield location I've been to. Stayed many nights here and never disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bthompsonGA
bthompsonGA,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we are glad that we are able to exceed your expectations. I am also glad to hear that we are one of the best Fairfield's that you have stayed in. Our brand prides themselves in providing superior customer service day in and day out. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you,
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I found myself having to stay in the Matthews for and extended time due to work. During my stay there I visited the front desk to inform them that my wife would be coming up to see me and would need to get a room key. I told them it was our 7th anniversary and she would only be staying a couple of days at most. When she arrived the staff had put a gift basket together and left it in the room for us. This made the trip for my wife outstanding. She had worked in the hotel industry for many years and she said this was by far one of the best places, with the most friendly and professional staff she had ever seen. Two weeks after this, sadly, my wife past away. I can never thank the staff enough for making her last trip so great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher C
Windsor, CT
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Wonderful experience. Stayed in a King Suite – king bed, pull-out couch, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, two televisions, writing desk with excellent lighting, full-length mirror, WiFi Internet access, hot complimentary breakfast each morning, and spacious, elegant bathroom. Very impressive… and very reasonable. Still has that “new hotel” smell. I felt very pampered. Front desk staff extremely helpful and courteous – not superficial like staff members in some other hotels I have stayed at. Will always stay at the Fairfield Inn Charlotte/Matthews. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Charlotte.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had many hotels to choose from for our friends and family to stay at while in Charlotte to attend our daughter's wedding. The staff and management of the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews went out of their way to give our guests a wonderful experience! Thank you, thank you to all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
East Forest
Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!