“Best Staff Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Barnwell, South Carolina
“Best Staff Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel a good bit and stay mostly at Marriott properties and the staff at most of them are great. But the staff here was by far the best of any I have encountered. Ever one spoke most ask if ever thing was to your sat. And they where overall in a great mood might have been the christmas spirt I do not know but I did enjoy my stay because of them. Great job!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
TRB50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am elated to know that our staff took great care of you and I will certainly pass along your comments to our entire team. We take a lot of pride in providing the best service, cleanest rooms, and providing an experience rather than just a nights stay. We hope to see you again soon,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Really great location and excellent facility. The staff were very friendly and extremely accomodating. The heated pool was a highlight for our granddaughter. The breakfast area was clean and neat with the promise of a more complete offering coming to the inn soon.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Warbrooks802
Warbrooks802,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your stay! Our staff prides themselves on ensuring that each guest is taken care of and that their stay exceeds expectations. We look forward to our new breakfast program for 2013 and welcome you back anytime!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I would recommend this location to friends and family. It is conviently located to a variety of restaurants and within a short driving distance to most of what we like about Charlotte. The hotel is clean and very guest friendly; even in the middle of the night with a sick loved one. Loved the lobby decor. We also had an opportunity to enjoy the indoor pool and whirlpool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lioness2012
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass along your thoughtful words with our entire staff. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and our staff truly understands the meaning of hospitality. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

When I entered the lobby of the newly built Fairfield Inn to make reservations for the Thanksgiving holidays, I was greeted enthusiastically by the front office supervisor, Brittany Crowder. She was very relatable and her smile was infectious. It was obvious that she loves what she is doing. She is a valuable asset to the hotel.

After a few minutes, the general manager, Mr. Santos came out of his office and greeted me also. He has great interpersonal skills and represented the hotel in a knowledgeable and eloquent manner. He was professional, attentive, and focused on meeting my needs. He offered his assistance in trying to make our stay a memorable experience. He assured me that he and the staff was 100% committed to providing the best possible customer service for all their guests.

I booked two other hotels in the area and needed to make a decision between the three hotels. It is said that first impressions are lasting ones. After such hospitality, i knew that I wanted my family to experience the warmth and kindness that I had experienced at the hotel. My decision was made!! We would spend Thanksgiving and have our traditional dinner at the Fairfield Inn.

The lobby was warm and inviting. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet which made for a good night's sleep. With breakfast included in the rate, we did not have to go out in the cold to find food. The staff was supportive and very accommodating.

We catered our dinner and ate downstairs in the eating area. We had tableclothes on the tables, a spread of delicious food, a television for the men to watch football, stores that were nearby and open after dinner for the women to shop, and a comfortable bed waiting upstairs. It felt just like we were at home.

We had a great stay. Excellent customer service ensured that we will come back as well as refer others to the hotel. We are considering making this hotel the meeting place for our annual Thanksgiving get-together.

Great job to the staff and management!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hollerback12345
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your thoughtful words! Brittany has been one of our shining stars and continues to show growth in her role. I appreciate your kind words about your overall experience. Our mission is to consistently provide superior customer service and ensure that each guest has an experience, not just a stay. I am elated to hear that you will return and that we will host Thanksgiving dinner for your family next year. It was an absolute pleasure of ours and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday season!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is new, clean, and very guest friendly. All request for Taxi's were taken care of swiftly. I prepaid for the hotel stay and was faxed a receipt immediately.
I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I will also stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Captyoda
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your chose our property for your weekend Ski get-a-way! We hope you enjoyed that as much as you enjoyed your visit with us! We hope to see you soon and welcome you back at any time. Happy Holidays!
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This motel is an example of design decsions that make an ordinary motel a delightful place to stay. The decor is bright and contemporary in the lobby, halls and rooms (I assume they are all decorated alike). The night we stayed even the price was excellent for this type of lodging. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HMC633
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We take a lot of pride in its sleek and contemporary design and cap that off with a staff that is ready to go above and beyond throughout your experience. It was our pleasure having you hear and we hope to see you again soon. Have a safe and happy holiday!
macon, ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel itself was nothing special....Breakfast was limited for my husband who is gluten-free...No selections for his diet.......Room was clean EXCEPT for the bathroom which obviously was not swept. Hair found on floor and used dental floss was behind the trash can, which tells me they DID NOT sweep. Bed and pillows very uncomfortable. I expected more from a Fairfield Inn..Not worth the higher price.

Room Tip: Try another hotel